Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All The Money In The World (Ridley Scott, December 8,2017) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Sep 14, 2017.

1. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Saw this today, movie itself was ok but this whole story is fascinating. Think I wanna see the movie about the making of this movie more.

2. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Movie was fine. Nothing special. Williams was awesome though. I kinda want to see a cut with Spacey as Getty. After hearing they re-shot his scenes in 9 days, I assumed he had a small role in the film. He probably gets the third most screen time after Williams and Wahlberg.

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I think I read Spacey spent about a week of shooting but from the screenshots I’ve seen the makeup was too distracting. Plummer was just right for the role (since he was the original choice)

4. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Plummer was pretty good. There were a couple of scenes early on where you could tell he was inserted into the scene digitally.

5. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

wasn’t great overall but the performances were and ridley has a habit of taking rather bland stories and making them much better than they are

6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Headline is kind of misleading. From what I'm reading, apparently Williams didn't ask to get paid. She wanted to make it work. Does that say something bad about Wahlberg? For sure. Does it mean Williams is a genuinely decent person that just wanted her work to be seen? For sure. But I don't know if it's fair to put the two together - if the story the article is painting is true.

domotime2 likes this.
  8. Morrissey

Trusted

How does Wahlberg seeking the most amount of money make him a bad person? You should seek to get the most out of your labor as possible; the studio is not their friend.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I’m not sure on this one. Why wouldn’t actors asked to get paid to fly in, re-do their Work, be away from family, etc? Maybe Mark had no idea other actors weren’t getting paid. Also, according to IMDb, Mark was in the middle of shooting another movie. He had to leave that to do the reshoots.

If it’s shitty on anyone’s part, it’s the agency that reps both of them. I wouldn’t shade Mark for this but rather the agency who chose to negotiate for Mark but not Michelle.

suicidesaints likes this.
  10. jjnunn118

It's a shitty situation. Doesn't matter who's at fault, it's just shitty

11. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

If I was asked to come back by my employer to re-do work because of another employee, I’d make damn sure I was getting paid for it.

suicidesaints and I Am Mick like this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

But there's no way a week's worth of work costs $ 1.5 million, in hindsight that's more striking than what Michelle got

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Julia Roberts got paid $3 million for four days of work in Mother’s Day.

14. primavera

he’s an asshole but i don’t see how this is your reason instead of, idk, permanently blinding a man bc of his ethnicity

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

She really loved Paul F Tompkins

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  16. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

It wasn’t going to be released without a re-shoot. Therefore he (more like his agent) had leverage in that negotiation. Michelle decided to do it for free basically. Good for her (unless she regrets it now) and good for him.

17. Morrissey

Trusted

Exactly.

The studio did not recast Spacey out of some moral standing, they did it because they thought they were going to lose money. Wahlberg did the smart move. Williams has never cared that much about money, based on the roles she has chosen to play for her career. If there is a villain in the story, it is the studio for underpaying her, not Wahlberg for maximizing his earnings.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  18. Morrissey

Trusted

You get into really complicated territory there. Do actors, musicians, or athletes really deserve tens of millions of dollars while janitors and cashiers struggle to survive? Wahlberg is rich, but he is not as rich as the studios, just like athletes are not as rich as the owners of the teams they play for.

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Like any business in a capitalist society, employees are seen as revenue generators. Wahlberg is an A-lister and was able to negotiate a sizable sum, whether or not this movie makes a significant profit

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Apparently Wahlberg’s big payday was due to his objection of recasting Plummer

“What he said was, ‘I will not approve Christopher Plummer unless you pay me,” one of the sources said. “And that’s how he [expletive] them.”

The other source, described as a “Hollywood insider,” said Wahlberg’s lawyer formally vetoed Plummer in a letter to financiers unless his demand for more payment was met.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/01/11/mark-wahlberg-refused-approve-christopher-plummer-payday/

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

What a douche.

airik625 likes this.
  22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I think I'm just going to check out the FX series Trust which is telling the same story and looks more interesting anyway. In addition to not having all this other nonsense going on with it.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

lol noted feminist Mark Wahlberg, I mean it's the right thing to do but we all know it's just for publicity right

24. jjnunn118

Good thing that was always his intention and not at all a reactionary measure after the story came out. Why else would he wait so long after he got paid?

25. primavera

no one is allowed to correct their wrongs in 2018, or something