Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All The Money In The World (Ridley Scott, December 8,2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Sep 14, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Sep 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 29, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

First image of Kevin Spacey:

IMG_1483.JPG

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen Nov 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 6, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

All the Money in the World is a superb film and more than worthy of its place of honor in the AFI Fest,” TriStar Pictures said just now. “But given the current allegations surrounding one of its actors and out of respect for those impacted, it would be inappropriate to celebrate at a gala at this difficult time. Accordingly, the film will be withdrawn.

“However, a film is not the work of one person. There are over 800 other actors, writers, artists, craftspeople and crew who worked tirelessly and ethically on this film, some for years, including one of cinema’s master directors. It would be a gross injustice to punish all of them for the wrongdoings of one supporting actor in the film. Accordingly, the film will open wide as planned on December 22.”

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

wow

6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

That is insane. I really don't see how they could reshoot all his scenes and still release in a month. Wasn't Spacey a big part of the movie?

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Wow

8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Apparently he only shot on the movie for ten days and isn't in any scenes with the other big stars. They could probably honestly do this and still hit their release date.

9. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

It's insane that they're able to just cut him out of it completely and keep the release date. Looking forward to seeing this

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen Nov 29, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 29, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

If Ridley pulls this off they should just create a special Oscar for him

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. Dog with a Blog

God, this is so interesting lol. I give Scott a lot of shit, but if he pulled this off, I'll be impressed.

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm bitter that my theater is getting this instead of Phantom Thread but I'm still interested

beachdude42 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

This is officially the greatest story ever

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Interesting tidbits on IMDb about the reshoot. In all, Plummer had to shoot 22 scenes and Wahlburg had to be called back for a reshoot, but was already filming another movie where he had to lose 30 pounds, so they had to refit all his clothes.

Wild that they could pull this all off in a month.

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah this whole reshoot story is pretty mind-blowing. I was interested in this movie’s story already, and definitely want to see it now.

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I tried to see this this morning but the theater said there was a problem and they couldn't show it. I was worried that the reshoot delayed the film from getting to the theater, but they assured me they had the movie it would be playing later today.

20. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Anyone see this yet?

21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it! Although I wasn’t familiar with the story at all. I think if you’re familiar with the story it might be less enjoyable since it’s more or less a straightforward retelling of the events.

22. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Not very good, but I always enjoy Michelle Williams and a couple of sequences were entertaining.

I’m also willing to bet that Mark Whalberg is the most distracting actor. Wonder how much better it would’ve been without him and some different directing / musical choices.

23. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Mark Wahlberg was definitely miscast. He's not terrible but he's just kinda playing himself as per usual

airik625 likes this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

This was enjoyable and kept me interested since I was unfamiliar with the kidnapping (though I knew Paul survived). Williams and Chris Plummer were the only standouts. Though my biggest pet peeve in movies is taking dramatic liberties in real events and people after reading about the story.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Christopher Plummer was great, in addition to it being hilarious that Kevin Spacey got owned by having to wear all those prosthetic for naught I don't think he would have brought the same charm to the role
    this was one of my favorite Michelle Williams performances which is really saying something
    I can't believe Ridley pulled this off