Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Get Out - No Bouquet (November 2, 2018) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 19, 2018.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Nathan likes to keep his records in the 35-40 minute range

RuckerPark likes this.
  2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Any particular reason why?

I mean, I know punk records are often short, but can often have 12-16 songs.

Maybe he doesn’t want tanythibgbto drag on. I mean, artistically I can say yeah I get it if it’s intentional.

3. I love a short record. 9-10 songs is perfect for most artists imo. It’s rare that I like every song on a 12–13 track record anyway

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I sort of know.. but I don't want to misquote him. Either way, I think 36-40 minutes is a nice length for an album. If an album is 50 minutes to an hour long, I better love every song.

5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I like longer albums. I don’t want the filler, but I love albums with a cohesive diversity if that makes sense. That’s why I love The Republic of Wolves Varuna for that reason. Feels like a journey. I also want a record that lasts around 45 minutes to an hour to drive to.

I get not every record can or should be that long. Artists decision for sure to figure out what suits the writing/vision.

6. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

It’s 37 minutes long. It’s a quick one.

Mustache_Band and trevorshmevor like this.
  7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Albums shouldn’t exist. Only singles forever

Night_Sky likes this.
  8. AngryMan

Regular

Varuna is a great album, but there are a couple songs that could have been cut from it and wouldn't be missed, imo. His Old Branches EP was perfect because there wasn't a single second of filler. Cut Pitch and Resin, You Missed the Point, and Grounded, and it's a perfect album to me.

9. Leftandleaving

Grounded??? Maybe the best song on the album???

RuckerPark likes this.
  10. AngryMan

Regular

Like the 11th best song on the album for me.

11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I love it too. I think you can have a slightly poppier sounded in Missed the point because Grounded has a positive sounding guitar parts. All are keepers. B sides make sense.

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Noooooo. An album is like a but, and a single is just a magazine article with a lot of pictures on the page.

13. RuckerPark

That rehab song is my favorite on there, then angry man, then grounded

14. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Honestly, I think it makes sense for this band to have shorter albums. It suits them.

RuckerPark likes this.
  15. Leftandleaving

I was jus tryna rile everyone up

16. genericity

quitter was their peak & people who say otherwise don't know what they're talking about.

excited for this next one.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. Kmil

Trusted

Pre-ordered this, really liked However Long, new song didn't grab me, but I know with a few more listens it will hit.

teebs41 likes this.
  18. RuckerPark

This is their peak.

teebs41 likes this.
  19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Happy to hear you don’t think they plateaued.

teebs41 and RuckerPark like this.
  20. RuckerPark

I loved quitter but some of their choruses were quite repetitive.

trevorshmevor and teebs41 like this.
  21. genericity

definitely open to that possibility, I meant that quitter was their best at the time it came out

RuckerPark likes this.
  22. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Think I’m starting to really *get* NLAQ. I never disliked it, but lately I’ve been listening to it quite a bit. I’m listening to it with headphones for the first time and it sounds even better in this context.

jordalsh and teebs41 like this.
  23. this is really solid on first listen. Opener is amazing and I found myself wishing they went a little more in that direction but then there are songs like "Archive" and "Namesake" that really hit all the high marks for everything i want out of this band.

24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Finally played their Audiotree session last night for the first time. Made for some excellent treadmill music. Definitely getting more and more excited for this one.

25. RuckerPark

You got it? First contact and Namesake are my favorites.

teebs41 and jordalsh like this.