Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Get Out - No Bouquet (November 2, 2018) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 19, 2018.

1. shea

RIP Supporter

Finally listened to the new song in my car. Easily my favorite thing since I heard the studio version of Part II.

Real glad it’s not a super long wait now.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

You are absolutely going to love the album then.

His vocals are the best they’ve ever been.

shea likes this.
  3. RuckerPark

Do you still want it?

4. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Ouch thats $75 for the Hitchens bundle after shipping and the Canadian dollar.

It's just money.

RuckerPark and teebs41 like this.
  5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea, so I can update the main page!

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

can we talk about why Hitchens is a record. Melodies are absolutely incredible on that album

7. shea

RIP Supporter

Send me it. Nate DM’d me and said it’s cool I swear.

8. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Same

teebs41 likes this.
  9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

He wont even send me it! the dude's mixed two of my records and lined up to do my next one!! haha

sonder likes this.
  10. RuckerPark

I’ve held on to it for a long time, that’s not going to change now.

11. contra11mundum

Fuck that guy. He doesn’t deserve to mix your next record.

teebs41 likes this.
  12. contra11mundum

joking he’s my hero

13. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I've heard the entire record through Rucker snap chatting me on his highway drives.

KidLightning and shea like this.
  14. shea

RIP Supporter

Hm. Have you tried awkwardly and drunkenly accosting him on the whereabouts of former band members at The Stuffing? That’s my only interaction with him. :shrug:

KidLightning likes this.
  15. RuckerPark

1. Rose
    2. You’ll Survive
    3. Value
    4. God Damn
    5. Self Repair
    6. Archives
    7. First Contact
    8. Namesake
    9. However Long
    10. Wake

-you can preorder the digital album on Amazon. The track listings are on there.

teebs41 and loudasallgetout like this.
  16. RuckerPark

Hahahaha, if only that were true.

Would you really want your first experience of the album to be through shitty recordings anyway?

teebs41 likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

One of the first things that Nathan Hussey sings on All Get Out’s forthcoming album No Bouquet is also one of the most poignant: “you’re no bouquet / you’re just a rose.”

It’s a deep dive inside the world of a band that has been the definition of “underrated” for years, with nothing to do but progress. Produced by Mike Watts (Glassjaw, Dillinger Escape Plan), No Bouquet is easily the most impressive of All Get Out’s wildly-underrated discography, recalling in passages Murder By Death and Bright Eyes as much as it does Jimmy Eat World or The Get Up Kids.

Those in the know have long considered All Get Out to be one of the most unsung bands this decade, as explosive emotionally as they are technically stunning. Despite their 2011 debut The Season becoming somewhat of a cult-classic, the years since have been spent damn-near-constantly in a cycle of writing, recording, releasing and touring. It’s a shock that the two members behind All Get Out, vocalist/guitarist Nathan Hussey and guitarist Kyle Samuel, even have personal lives, but there’s always been this nearly-tangible connection between them that continues to drive All Get Out to new heights, despite the two living in totally different states.

coleslawed and RuckerPark like this.
  18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

@teebs41 the tracklisting is also on Apple Music already dude!

RuckerPark and teebs41 like this.
  19. RuckerPark

Already a review out? Where at?

20. RuckerPark

Will you be writing the review for it?

21. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Some of his best writing on there. I haven't listened to it much over the summer cause it's not something I want to listen to while I sweat. But once it gets below 90 degrees finally it's going back into the rotation.

KidLightning likes this.
  22. Mustache_Band

I can't wait! Nobody Like A Quitter has to me one of my most listened to albums ever since it came out.

loudasallgetout and KidLightning like this.
  23. teebs41 and RuckerPark like this.
  24. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Alright I’ve fully come around to the singles. Hadn’t listened to However Long since it was released and I like that one a lot more after listening more. And Self Repair is catchy as hell.

Whoever mentioned the Cope comparisons was spot on for Self Repair. The opening totally reminds me of the opening of The Ocean and I can’t get it out of my head now.

teebs41 and RuckerPark like this.
  25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

So many bands keep releasing shorter records. Not sure if it’s a time/money thing, or bands hold stuff back for additional releases. I’m strictly basing this off most of what I own which is usually around 12 tracks. I know this doesn’t entirely relate to AGO’s announcement.

Song is very AGO as mentioned. I’ll probably end up liking this record too. First two songs are enjoyable.