Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Get Out - No Bouquet (November 2, 2018) Album • Page 28

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 19, 2018.

1. The Season
    Movement
    No Bouquet
    NLAQ

Rankings with this band are hard because if Movement was a full length that maintained the quality of its five songs, it would easily pass up The Season for me.

2. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Genuinely think it is their best front to back. I don’t have all that much nostalgia attached to it compared to a lot of other records that argument could be made for, I just think it’s a great record.

teebs41 likes this.
  3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I love all of them, but I have the (seemingly wild) opinion that Quitter is my favorite.

I absolutely adore that album.

nohandstoholdonto and BoldTitan like this.
  4. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I just really don't like Get My Cut. Otherwise I love Quitter.

5. BoldTitan

Trusted

I'm sorry for your wrong opinion :)

Quitter is my favorite. For obvious reasons.

contra11mundum likes this.
  6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I think season is my favorite LP as well, although movement is my favorite of their releases overall and genuinely one of my favorite EPs

KidLightning likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is exactly my thoughts/ranking. Movement is one of my favorite EPs ever and it’s pretty much perfect in terms of quality. All killer no filler.

I spoke to Nathan about Quitter while he was signing my OG Season vinyl on their current tour with ACB and he said that he’s glad he made that record but it’s not his favorite at all. If I remember correctly, he said it was a great record for him in terms of becoming better at songwriting (lyrically speaking) but that was it. I don’t think he played anything off that record either?

MrAirplane, sonder and trevorshmevor like this.
  8. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Honestly, I think The Season is my least favorite. Or just the one I revisit the least.

9. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

For some reason I don’t care all that much for Movement

Bad Bikes and teebs41 like this.
  10. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Interesting. I can’t imagine having written songs like Room to Talk and Whatever and not playing them at every show.

11. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

The Season will probably always be my favourite and nostalgia might be a big part of the reason why I feel that way.

We were listening to 7/10 songs on that album live for years before the album came out. I was literally checking their myspace twice a day for any kind of update for over a year before there was any kind of announcement.

I made my account on absolutepunk specifically to talk to people about them. As you can see by the username haha.

I’ll always have a special spot for that album.

12. AngryMan Aug 9, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2019)
    AngryMan

Regular

Does Burn Hot the Records count as an EP? Because that's close to the top for me. Two of my favorite AGO tracks ever.

The Season
    Burn Hot the Records
    Movement
    All Get Out EP/The Spitting EP
    No Bouquet
    Nobody Likes a Quitter

13. The_Pioneer

Regular

Movement
    Season
    Quitter
    Bouquet

14. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Bouquet rocks hard but I don’t think it has the same emotional punch as any of the other releases.

The_Pioneer likes this.
  15. AngryMan

Regular

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh wow - I somehow never heard of Burn Hot the Records - awesome song! Thanks for linking it!

AngryMan and teebs41 like this.
  17. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I began really getting into AGO during the Movement -> Quitter era. I’ve seen them a ton of times since Quitter was released, and I realize the majority of the songs I’m interested in listening to are the ones I’ve seen live- so for that reason I don’t have similar stories that you guys have nostalgic for The Season. Shoot, I find the release on Spotify prior to The Season to be almost unlistenable.

No Bouquet is hands down my favorite release. They just go hard the majority of the album and I love it. Quitter is my second one- I still wish they’d play Room To Talk into Home at every show. It’s criminal to me that don’t do that- it was a lot of fun the one time I saw them do it. I also think ATX is my favorite song of theirs. I’ll admit that I think Quitter was a bit slow to me, but No Bouquet is like the opposite end of that spectrum and fixed that problem. I’d put The Season ahead of Movement- but since I began seeing them live they’ve played maybe 5-6 songs total from The Season. I haven’t seen them play Let Me Go or Girl, Gun... it’s been the main 4 that they play live, with maybe a song or two added in.

I also would add that I didn’t even know the words to Come & Gone when I saw them play it lol.

RuckerPark likes this.
  18. mattylikesfilms Aug 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 27, 2019)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I used to really dislike Quitter for years but it’s really grown on me since revisiting it a few weeks back. Chasing Skirt, Whatever, Sideways, and ATX are top tier AGO songs.

I even bought it on vinyl today!

AngryMan and teebs41 like this.
  19. Maybe this is just me, but I’m getting heavy AGO vibes with this, particularly The Season era. A thread for this TBA record exists but figured I’d cross post here!

teebs41 likes this.
  20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Saw them on Saturday and they didn’t play The Season :(

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Criminal!

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They had 5 mins left too... During ATX Nathan had to tell someone to “shut the fuck up” so I think he may have just cut the set because of that

teebs41 likes this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol... dang.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  24. MrAirplane

Trusted

verse vocals sound like Desaparecidos-style Conor Oberst. I've never listened to Cymbals Eat Guitars though, maybe he always sounds like this

25. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I have massive sentimental value attached to The Season / Movement that will likely never be overturned. Quitter is cool, but it didn’t wow me. I—don’t yell—never listened to this one. I will, though

teebs41 and trevorshmevor like this.