Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

All Get Out - No Bouquet (November 2, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Apr 19, 2018.

1. teebs41 Apr 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 19, 2018)
    teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Third lp from All Get Out.

One of the first things that Nathan Hussey sings on All Get Out’s forthcoming album No Bouquet is also one of the most poignant: “you’re no bouquet / you’re just a rose.”

It’s a deep dive inside the world of a band that has been the definition of “underrated” for years, with nothing to do but progress. Produced by Mike Watts (Glassjaw, Dillinger Escape Plan), No Bouquet is easily the most impressive of All Get Out’s wildly-underrated discography, recalling in passages Murder By Death and Bright Eyes as much as it does Jimmy Eat World or The Get Up Kids.

Those in the know have long considered All Get Out to be one of the most unsung bands this decade, as explosive emotionally as they are technically stunning. Despite their 2011 debut The Season becoming somewhat of a cult-classic, the years since have been spent damn-near-constantly in a cycle of writing, recording, releasing and touring. It’s a shock that the two members behind All Get Out, vocalist/guitarist Nathan Hussey and guitarist Kyle Samuel, even have personal lives, but there’s always been this nearly-tangible connection between them that continues to drive All Get Out to new heights, despite the two living in totally different states.

1. Rose
    2. You’ll Survive
    3. Value
    4. God Damn
    5. Self Repair
    6. Archives
    7. First Contact
    8. Namesake
    9. However Long
    10. Wake

Here's the first single/interview!

Premiere: All Get Out's "However Long" is their first ever love song

serotonin likes this.
  2. shea

RIP Supporter

On board. Like this more than anything off the last 2 on first listen.

Move back to South Carolina and play in Atlanta once a month again, please, Nate.

RuckerPark and teebs41 like this.
  3. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Really like this, but also happy to hear it's the "nicest song on the record".

teebs41, shea and travisred like this.
  4. travisred

Trusted Supporter

"However Long is the nicest song on the record. The rest is pretty straight forward rock and very upbeat. Definitely not subtle!"

I'm ready.

5. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I'm just glad it isn't taking another four years or whatever for this one.

New song is really good - a nice blend of the first two records, with a bridge that takes your breath away. I couldn't be more pleased.

RuckerPark, teebs41 and shea like this.
  6. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Nice surprise. Can’t wait to listen when I get home.

7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I checked out their last record because it felt very Manchester Orchestra (for obvious reasons). The more I listened to it, the more I learned what All Get Out’s sound was. Like this song and will give this record and listen when it comes out as well.

coleslawed, teebs41 and AshlandATeam like this.
  8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I liked this more than most of the songs on the last album, love the guitar at the end

teebs41 and dylan like this.
  9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Like this

teebs41 likes this.
  10. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Okay

11. Noradrenaline

Regular

Here for it! NLAQ did not live up to my expectations after Movement. Their peak so far imo

12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Room To Talk is my fave AGO song.

13. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Can’t wait to hear this record. AGO is the best.

teebs41 likes this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

new song is nice

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Digging this new song more than 80% of Nobody Likes A Quitter - a record I was sorely disappointed with.

Movement and Season are GOAT though.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Surprised how many people didn’t like NLAQ. Was it because it was a style change from them?

AshlandATeam likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I like quitter but some people found it “boring”

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  18. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

I really liked Quitter. I think ATX might be my favorite song by them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KidLightning and teebs41 like this.
  19. shea

RIP Supporter

My beef with it was that, to me, it sounded like an MO record with Nate singing..which is something I never thought I would have a problem with, but here we are.

Edit: Except ATX. That's a top tier AGO song. and the one that sounds the least like MO if you ask me

RuckerPark likes this.
  20. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

Really into this. Haven't listened to anything off their last album. Am I missing out?

21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I liked it.

22. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Fair.like I said, that was the draw to me as someone who didn’t listen to them before.

shea likes this.
  23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I like Quitter. Grew on me a lot, I’m pretty sure my initial posts about it were very negative

teebs41 likes this.
  24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I still like most of the songs on Quitter

KidLightning likes this.
  25. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Quitter is fantastic. Room To Talk, Home, Whatever, Now You Got It, and ATX are all top 10 AGO songs for me.

The other 5 are the first 4 songs on Movement and “Burn Hot the Records”.

teebs41 and RuckerPark like this.