Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alkaline Trio Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I hope Mark and Travis are cool with Matt doing another Trio album sometime late next year/early 2018. Matt said the focus was on Blink "right now", but I def want some new Trio in a couple years.

2. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

This will be the longest gap between Trio records so far. It's usually only a couple of years, and we're looking at 4, possibly 5 years between My Shame is True and the next one. I have mixed feelings; I'm super stoked on new Blink and really happy that Matt gets to experience that level of success, but Alkaline Trio are my favorite band and I miss them.

3. Hopefully they'll at least do an EP in between full lengths. They don't need to tour around it. Just an EP of some new stuff, and then a year or so after that, a full length, and then tour on both.

4. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I still haven't come to terms with there never being another Heavens record.

5. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

2018: year of the Trio.

I wouldn't mind if Dan wanted to record another Emergency Room record for next year though. All three seem to be really enjoying the fruits of their labor and taking time to flesh out their creativity. The irony of Matt joining a trio that's been through stages of rabid contention after he's been in a trio of dudes who never have problems haha

6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I'd love to get another ER record for sure. Though I assume Danny might take advantage of some downtime with his family.

7. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

How is Balanced On A Shelf on no one's Dan list?

inwaves likes this.
  8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I do like the song a lot, especially the intro. That intro is so Alkaline Trio hah.

But Broken Wing really outshines it, IMO. Sun Burns is pretty decent too, especially the outro. I love the "I feel my skin as the sun burns it" part.

9. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

"Broken Wing" might be on my list of Dan songs, but hard to say - it's def up there. Underrated track.

10. inwaves

Man, all of Dan's songs on the Broken Wing EP are great. You could just make a playlist of all his bonus tracks from the last few records and it would be killer.

JRGComedy, smoke4thecaper and David87 like this.
  11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep. Going back to Good Mourning and Angel Alcohol, if you put all of Dan's B-sides on their own album, it'd be one of the stronger Trio albums in my opinion lol. And I'm actually not a huge fan of his This Addiction B-Sides. They're okay, but compared to all the other albums we have B-sides for, they're the weakest IMO

1. Angel Alcohol
    2. We Can Never Break Up
    3. Buried
    4. Don't Say You Won't (Derek wrote it, but whatever)
    5. Burned Is The House
    6. In My Stomach
    7. Kick Rocks
    8. Those Lungs
    9. Balanced on a Shelf
    10. Broken Wing
    11. Sun Burns

That's a pretty solid album lol. And you can add in his songs from the BYO split if you want, I love both of those too.

inwaves likes this.
  12. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

"Kick Rocks" and "Those Lungs" are so fucking good.

13. TakeLotsWithAlcohol

Regular Prestigious

My favorite Dan songs are also my favorite Trio songs in general most of the time.

1. Blue Carolina
    2. Balanced on a Shelf
    3. Smoke
    4. Settle for Satin
    5. Take Lots With Alcohol
    6. Message From Kathlene
    7. She Took Him to the Lake
    8. Crawl
    9. You've Got So Far to Go
    10. My Standard Break From Life

inwaves likes this.
  14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Matt sounded awfully dismissive of Alkaline Trio on KROQ today...

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  15. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I'm sad about it. I have a bad feeling about the future of Alkaline Trio.

16. inwaves

What did he say?

17. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

He's just stoked on Blink right now.

18. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

I don't really think so. He said that Trio is his family and that Dan and Derek are his brothers as well. Dan has already expressed his support several times and Derek is the most easy going guy in the group and hasn't expressed any negative feelings. I think they're fine and even though there's going to be a long gap this time between records, they toured Shame pretty extensively and then followed up with the past live tour so it was actually a pretty long stretch on the road these past couple of years. Maybe it's for the best they all get a bit of time apart to focus on their own things. They've always done that in their down time anyway. I'm borderline pissed that Trio got put on the back burner for this, I've already known that for quite some time but unlike a lot of bands, they all seem pretty chill and to genuinely get along and I think that's because they're all creative people with other things to do besides Trio and none of them have an ego or issue about it. They've said as much themselves. I'm actually hoping that Matt's writing improves a bit in the mean time.

19. TakeLotsWithAlcohol

Regular Prestigious

I'm honestly glad they're taking a break from the 3 year album cycle. It makes the future so much more exciting to me.

holdfasthope likes this.
  20. Paul Beaumont

Yeah, after the Trio album, Trio EP, solo albums and now this blink album in quick succession, it is a much better thing to wait it out anyway. Nobody who releases large quantities of music in quick succession is ever releasing really high quality stuff to me, unless you're The Beatles..

21. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Yeah....still hurts

22. jorbjorb

7 rings

this addiction is the best album

23. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

That's my least favorite of their albums, haha.

24. jorbjorb

7 rings

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww man awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

25. razorburn

Trusted

Honestly, I've never seen someone with that opinion. It commonly ranks above or on par with Agony & Irony as their worst. Personally, I enjoy the record a great deal, but Alkaline Trio are my favourite band, so y'know.