Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alkaline Trio Band • Page 181

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

He tags Tom all the time lol. Tom's movie hasn't even come out yet, no way he's putting blink above that btw

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The fuck you talking about? What a dumb post

Onlyadirector likes this.
  3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I thought I was replying to the blink thread, lol Tom doesn't change anything about Trio

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I shared this in the Blink thread (for obvious reasons) but in the past 48 hours I’ve discovered Skiba’s Heavens record and I’m obsessed. “Heather”, “Dead End Girl”, Watching You” and “Leave” are perfect goth pop. Absolutely beautiful and deliberate songs that I can’t get enough of.

5. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

That Heavens record was a thing of fucking beauty.

jesseisabigdeal likes this.
  6. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

bradsonemanband and .K. like this.
  7. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

How did I miss this band growing up? Blink I knew. Green Day I knew.... Did they not get radio airplay?

Im digging their sound on XM Radio....

8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Alk3 never went the humour route, which is more accessible to mainstream/music video play. It’s a little darker too overall. Doesn’t mean it’s not good though!

9. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

The songs getting played Im really clicking with - they sound like Blink, or perhaps Jawbreaker.

I can see him as a good fit for a replacement for Tom though.

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

How DID you miss them?! Start with Good Mourning and go backwards

11. Atticus5143

Trusted

I feel like most people were introduced to Matt when his voice was fucked up for Good Mourning. I came back around years later and couldn’t believe the difference.

12. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I feel like a failure. I have no idea how I did, but I did....

My first daughter was born in 1998 - I must have stopped listening to new music.

I took full responsibility for my actions - lol.

JRGComedy likes this.
  13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

That actually makes perfect sense haha

14. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

a glass of red wine, a few lit candles, a sharp razorblade, and a listen of the 'crimson' album. makes for a great evening.

15. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Is this thing cursed is their most recent and as a long time alk3 listener, it’s in my top 3 for sure. Good place to see how they’ve evolved

16. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

"Time to Waste" was the first song that I loved and then didnt check them out.. then I heard Stupid Kid and as someone who started with blink in terms of my own taste in music.... I was hooked and then instantly got "From Here to Infirmary" and to this day "From Here to Infirmary" and "Crimson" are tied for my favorites... 3rd place shuffles between "Agony & Irony," Is This Thing Cursed?" and "Good Mourning."

EDIT: Oh! and Armageddon on Tony Hawk Pro Skater..

RedDotRecording likes this.
  17. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

i have a feeling no one realizes you're fucking with us.

18. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

(grin)

But its true - even when he joined Blink, I didnt pick up on Alkaline Trio. I didnt go back and listen to their music. I just moved ahead with Blink....

But listening to some of it now, I can see why they liked him to blend right in.

19. broken22

(:

I’ve been listening to My Shame and the Broken Wing EP and they both still slap hard. I also saw Dan last weekend in Philly in a church basement and it was awesome, Derek played drums as well !

bradsonemanband and JRGComedy like this.
  20. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

I never gave the Skiba Demos album much of a listen, but wow, the acoustic version of Haven't You? on there is amazing.

amorningofsleep and broken22 like this.
  21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing Dan last week was awesome. The whole band especially Derek were great, as was hearing them play Burned Is The House + Broken Wing

22. broken22

(:

Set list from the Vagrant show last night.

Attached Files:

23. They killed it. Was shocked they played “stupid kid.”

24. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

That’s kinda my dream set from them as it’s my favorite 3 albums / era

JRGComedy likes this.
  25. broken22

(:

How did Dans bass sound during Trucks and Trains?