Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alkaline Trio Band • Page 173

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. BlackwingE

Trusted

Man this thread is going downhill.

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Well if Matt Skiba’s words and actions weren’t what they are then perhaps this thread wouldn’t be like it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I hope that Derek is doing well and still feels ready to perform with the band when the time comes.

.K. likes this.
  4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I never understood the idea that discussing the problematic shit that band member does is automatically bad. I think it's good for people to be aware of it and understand how/why they should pressure him to do more/say more/be better/etc.

Yeah I still feel for Derek going through all that, taking time away from the band, and then is ready to come back and play and the pandemic hits like 2 weeks later. As someone who's dealt with anxiety, that has to suuuuuuuck.

phaynes12 likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy Apr 19, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 19, 2021)
    Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

it’s not bad at all, it’s just that too many users on this website would prefer to bury their heads in the sand when it comes to problematic behavior by artists they like, and if they stay out of the accountability threads they wont know about any of it, and thus won't have any issues continuing their support.

Jbent, Gallhammer, phaynes12 and 2 others like this.
  6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

No yeah I agree, I was more responding to the "thread has gone downhill" comment....I mean yeah some people were saying some dumb shit but what thread doesn't have that going on it at some point lol. Skiba deserves to have this shit pointed out until he addressed it directly IMO

7. BlackwingE

Trusted

Is Matt in this thread?

Cmoney86 likes this.
  8. Jbent

Trusted

No, just his fans unfortunately

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

No, but a bunch of his supporters are.

theagentcoma likes this.
  10. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Y’all know this site is for 40 yo blink fans, this is a lost cause

11. Daniel182

Happy to see this!

12. broken22

(:

God I've missed Derek's playing, it feels and sounds so right. I see a third mic, my guess is Skiba should be joining them.

Nick Jagger likes this.
  13. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Finally.

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Eat your heart out, Matt Skiba. I can do it too. Mine will be playable too.
    447B5BAD-7F64-42D6-B4D5-A00DCAAABF8A.jpeg AA2787F7-B894-4068-93CC-F01B603AD7A7.jpeg

15. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

not to be pessimistic about the situation, but I definitely think skiba will be a lot more active with alkaline trio than the other band for the foreseeable future

Nick Jagger likes this.
  16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Dan released footage of him in the studio with a couple of dudes a long time ago and he and Derek and presumably Matt have been doing rehearsals for their shows. I’m amazed we haven’t gotten the Dan album OR any Alk3 writing/recording news yet

17. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

ITTC was kind of a surprise announcement so maybe they’ll go that route again

latortuga likes this.
  18. Iain

Regular

I am going to Slam Dunk which will be their first show back. I have never seen Alkaline Trio live and I am pumped. Hopefully the show goes ahead.

One of my first gigs was to Skibba's Heavens band - which I still listen to their album regularly. Would love to see that album played again.

19. tomtom94

Trusted

Huh, neat, I hadn't realised they'd been added back to the Slam Dunk lineup

20. Daniel182

.K. likes this.
  21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

so they aren’t inspired by nazis anymore?

Contender and Anthony_ like this.
  22. Daniel182

I was wondering how soon that would be posted. Under a half hour is impressive.

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

thank you

Contender and Anthony_ like this.
  24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Now they are inspired by a boring Buzzcocks cover band that has evolved into a boring Cure cover band.

25. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

While ‘Is This Thing Cursed?’ was written about “having such a disgraceful thing in The White House”, Skiba said that he was at least thankful that it felt like “Trump against the world, not Trump’s America. The whole world realised that by-and-large, most Americans were not pleased that that thing was president.”

He continued: “I’m not writing about the Biden Administration. He might be half-drunk and sleep through almost everything but at least he’s not stoking the flames of hatred and division. There’s always a girl to write about though.”

alkalinexandy likes this.