Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alkaline Trio Band • Page 152

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

JRGComedy and JaytotheGee like this.
  2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It's so good and this is such a cute idea

amorningofsleep likes this.
  3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Alright I guess it’s time to start asking for that Moon Andriano in the Emergency Room album. She’s got a killer voice!

(I don’t know if that’s actually her name, I know his wife goes by Sunshine and I thought I saw them call her that once but who knows).

Forreal though I hope Dan throws out some solo songs soon. Need that in my pandemic life

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Setlist-

She Lied To The FBI
    Cringe
    This Could Be Love
    I'm Only Here To Disappoint
    Time To Waste
    I Wanna Be A Warhol
    Radio

5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Had no idea they played those middle three songs

SeeTheLights likes this.
  6. tomtom94

Trusted

I was going to say I think I've seen some of the songs on Youtube but not the full set

7. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah I’ve definitely seen FBI, Cringe, Warhol and Radio on Youtube before.

8. broken22

(:

So Time To Waste in that performance absolutely fucks.

Darth Amory and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Can't believe it's been 15 years TBH. I didn't become a fan until after Good Mourning so this was the first album I was there for all the build up and hype. Best time to be a part of The Blood Pact.

May of 2005....man. Finishing up my junior year of high school. I had just started dating my gf at the time a few months prior, ended up being a 2 year relationship, and we def lost our v cards to each other sometime in that late may/early june time frame. This album displaced American Idiot from being the one that was in my CD player all the time when I started my car lol, so we listened to this album a LOT that summer. Def a lot of nostalgia around Crimson for me.

JRGComedy likes this.
  11. broken22

(:

Crimson was such a weird album for me when I first heard it, but I love it so much now. If Derek were never in the band I don't think we get this record.

12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

They really perfected the aesthetics of the “goth punk” look (and sound) that was starting to get big around that time between FHTI to Good Mourning and then Crimson. Think a lot of bands that ended up bigger than them got a lot of inspiration from them with that aesthetic.

(iirc, I think Blink said in interviews around the time that S/T came out named Trio as an influence on the record)

13. broken22

(:

I believe Tom said he was listening to Good Mourning a lot.

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I am very sorry to bump the thread for this, but I'm supposed to be hyping my band

Anyway, we covered I Was A Prayer, one of my fav Dan songs (of many tbh)

latortuga likes this.
  15. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

That is one of my all time top Trio songs and one of Dans best.. Really solid performance!

JRGComedy likes this.
  16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Thank you! I have a long history of covering his songs haha. You've Got So Far To Go, My Standard Break From Life, the list goes on...

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Love that Matt is wearing a Discount t-shirt.

19. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

20. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Missed the Instagram post, so it was a pleasant surprise to see that one waiting in the podcast queue this morning. Great interview!

21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

26905719-21DD-483D-B3C0-D41213439D02.jpeg

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Whoa

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Blink seriously needs to stop comparing the music they are working on to their past albums, they seriously can't stop

chewbacca110 and Onlyadirector like this.
  25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Neither can their fans.

Also, Matt’s a writing machine. Glad he’s still a member of Blink, Alk3 and coming up with new projects.

BlackwingE likes this.