Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alkaline Trio Band • Page 141

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

These guys are always busy between their many musical projects and we benefit.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

3. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Fuck yes!

4. broken22

(:

5. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

But is Derek there with them??

6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think on the previous page there is a picture of him with a drummer named Tony from who was in Hagfish. They’re not in the studio together, but I think it wouldn’t be out the question to assume he could be drumming on the record.

7. tomtom94

Trusted

Surely not a whole new album already? But it's always great to see Matt and Dan making new music, especially since between NINE and IITC they seem on a hot streak.

8. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

"Torturing the ivories" is the most Matt Skiba thing I've read in a while

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

A 5-6 song banger EP would be appreciated

10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Why couldn’t it be a full length? Having two writers helps. Could be an EP though. Happy to see that joining other bands didn’t mean giving up on Alk3 as a project.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I guess it could be a full length just doesn't seem realistic to me for some reason

Maybe a split with Bad Religion for the tour even

.K. and bradsonemanband like this.
  12. If they put out an EP that's as solid as the Broken Wing EP, I'd be stoked.

neighborhoods and .K. like this.
  13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

That’d be a cool idea.A couple new songs, a cover of each other (although I can’t imagine BR covering Alk3 yet), or alt versions. I doubt it, but I’d be all for it.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  14. broken22

(:

It'll be interesting to see because Trio aren't known to do an EP that often.

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Eh, I assume we'll get a full album out of it, even if its just 8-10 songs.

Dan hasn't released any knew songs since ITTC as far as I know (not counting The Damned Things), so I'm sure he's got a quite a stash built up. And Matt churns stuff out on the regular it seems (not that it's always high quality, though def felt like some of the Nine songs could have been Alk3)

.K. likes this.
  16. onionbubs

Regular

matts insanely prolific now. dude's put out an album every year since 2015 (if you want to count cali deluxe), so definitely a full length

.K. likes this.
  17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i think they banged out ITTC in like one month of writing recording, so why not

also i feel like at this point a lot of bands/songwriters get it in their heads that they Only do full lengths and i think trio is in that camp

.K. likes this.
  18. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I was going to say, typically you’d guess an EP (and that’s still mine), but after how quickly the last album came together, who knows? It really could be a full-length; I’m just overjoyed that we get new songs by the time the tour begins.

Now if only they could add a few more dates, mainly up in the PNW....

.K. likes this.
  19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They have Broken Wings, Hot Water Music Split, BYO and BYO Split so they’ve dabbled.

20. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

For Your Lungs Only and I Lied My Face Off as well.

bradsonemanband and .K. like this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Just because they are in a physical studio right now doesn't mean they haven't been working on new music for the last two years.

broken22 likes this.
  22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

most of those EPs were a looooooooong time ago, with the exception of Broken Wing which was just B sides from the My Shame Is True sessions.

23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like someone mentioned EP, and we are now all talking EP. has the band said EP?

24. broken22

(:

I just never expected it to happen this quick.

25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

No, it's just speculation in this thread.