Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alkaline Trio Band • Page 137

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. HatingEveryMinute

2005 OMEA runner up in triangle solo

yeah I don't recall ever hearing an update on him.

2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I think Derek played a show with some friends at the Debonair in Chicago on Halloween 2018, but I haven't seen a word about him ever since.

3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I typed Skiba Babylon into eBay and didn't expect a book called Babylon Rising by Rob Skiba to be the first result lol

4. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I thought Derek had been doing stuff with Dan but I could be wrong.

5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

He toured with him a few years back, but I haven’t heard of anything lately. Dan has been doing The Damned Things most of this year.

latortuga likes this.
  6. Stra1ghtArrow

Has any one ever heard this??

just stumbled it as i'm on my monthly Trio binge... it's amazing.

7. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I'm guessing this would've been off the Good Mourning demos that leaked.

8. broken22

(:

Derek was playing with the Suicide Machines yesterday.

amorningofsleep and Daniel182 like this.
  9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Not gonna lie just sounds like a random remix someone made. But also had to be someone with access to the vocal tracks...

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Still love this b side tho

JRGComedy likes this.
  11. razorburn

Trusted

Derek made it for the Blood-Pact, because the band stated that Good Mourning was going to sound very electronic. They were kidding, of course.

At the time, Dan was posting journal entries on the album's progress:

December 18, 2002 - so this is my last journal entry...for a short while, anyway. it's time to take a break, relax for a bit, then come back in january and finish making the rock. we all feel that relaxation is an important part of living. so today derek and i finished up some of our little extras on the record, and tomorrow, matt will finish his stuff. it's getting exciting, we've been working on this record for what seems like a long time now, and now it's almost done...my favorite thing is that we spent alot of time working and re-working the songs, and we all agreed on techno being the general feel for the album, it's pretty dancy with some elements of jungle and trip-hop... so we're all pretty stoked...peace dan

January 31, 2003 - hey everybody...today is january 31st, and it is the last day i will step into this studio for a long time. we have finished all the music, sounds, and singing...it's all done. it's kind of sad, i've spent a lot of time here recently, and we had a lot of fun making this record. i hope it shows when you listen to it. most of the techno stuff did not make the cut, but i'm sure those demos will be surfing the interweb soon enough. we ended up making a few last minute changes to the record that i think are going to make it pretty special.

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Alkaline Trio is great and all, but Patent Pending and Kuts is Matt’s best work.

13. BackyardHero11

Trusted

realllly want him to repress Kuts on vinyl, it's so overpriced on ebay now

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Same for Patent Pending.

15. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I found a white variant on Discogs for $40 some months back. It was my white whale and I grabbed it with a quickness
    E6B7E9A3-E625-4626-945B-6F1CE987A639.jpeg

16. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

No love for the first Sekrets record?

17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I need to re-listen to Kuts, it's been a long time

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Matt said yes to someone on IG about Trio touring next year FYI

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Stoked about them touring next year!!!!!

20. razorburn

Trusted

Crossing everything for a UK run.

tomtom94 likes this.
  21. BackyardHero11

Trusted

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  22. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I really like both, I think Kuts is my favorite of the two, but I still really like the first, I want the vinyl for both of them haha, hopefully one day they get a repress. I really don't want to spend 50+ on a single vinyl haha

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That’s an album I go back to the least. There’s a few really good songs on it that I love though. Just prefer the post-punk sounds Matt’s got going on with Patent Pending and Kuts. You can just tell how influenced by Joy Division he was.

24. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I will never not love Patent Pending. I still glad that I was able to grab a vinyl copy when it was first released.

25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Super lucky!

amorningofsleep likes this.