Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alkaline Trio Pre-Orders Now Up

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pre-orders for Alkaline Trio’s new album, Is This Thing Cursed?, are now up. The full press release about the album can be found below.

Today, Alkaline Trio announce a new album Is This Thing Cursed? that is to be released on CD/digital on August 31 and on vinyl on October 19. Pre-orders are available now at: http://www.alkalinetrio.com This is the band’s 9th studio release and their first new music in 5 years.
    Produced and mixed by Cameron Webb, Is This Thing Cursed? is the first Alkaline Trio album written almost entirely in the studio. It’s when the songs began to come together that the band noticed the new material forming parallels with Maybe I’ll Catch Fire. According to the band, Is This Thing Cursed? is a cousin or sibling to Fire. Co-lead vocalist and bassist Dan Andriano explains, “the songwriting process is almost like what it was back in the day. We would just kind of write a song, be excited about it, then move on. We wrote in that spirit in the studio. I really feel like we made a record that the old school fans are going to dig.”

In June, Alkaline Trio announced a headlining US tour. Co-lead vocalist and guitarist Matt Skiba notes, “Some people thought we were done. We announced a tour and a lot of the shows are already sold out. Nobody knows that we made a new record. It’s not unlike getting somebody that you care about something extra super special for their birthday and you’re really excited to give it to them. It feels kind of like that.”

The August dates begin August 3 in Dallas, TX at The Bomb Factory and go throughout August 26 in Orlando, FL at House of Blues. The second leg picks-up on October 4 in Santa Ana, CA at The Observatory and will conclude on October 18 on Santa Cruz, at The Catalyst. Together PANGEA is on the tour as support.

2. tomtom94

Trusted

Excited to see what Cameron Webb can bring to the table - he's a really excellent producer.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Wow just made by day seeing this. So exciting!!!! Wasn't sure when this was coming due to the blink commitment

4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Fire was easily my favorite Past Live performance so comparisons to that sound awesome to me

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yup i go back to that Past live album the most.

mattylikesfilms and slimfenix182 like this.
  6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

They were so on point for that one I actually enjoy it in place of the studio album often

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I can see why. I actually like Matt’s vocal style on past live compared to the studio release. Plus The drumming is awesome.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  8. tomtom94

Trusted

You two using the same avatar made me genuinely think this conversation was one madman talking to themselves

9. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Really excited for this, love their last record still.

J.Dick likes this.
  10. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Jumped on it right away and grabbed a copy of the limited 500 copy Black/Red vinyl! Can’t wait! A little bummed for the wait on the vinyl but still looking forward to it!

11. Fox83

Trusted

Nevermind the really well known stuff (which is all good). That man produced Zebrahead's MFZB - one of my favorite pop punk albums.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I tried ordering that but didn’t see it up on their merch site. I assume it sold out and was taken down?

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I’m really excited but I do hope the record is better than My Shame Is True.

14. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I think so. At first it wouldn’t let me chose it. Then it did. Now it’s gone. Probably a ton of traffic on the site was making things glitchy but I think it’s gone.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  15. simonbelmont

Regular

I preordered both in t-shirt bundles maybe 5 min ago, also bone colored is still available at interpunk.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Damn no pix. I ended up getting the 180gram Red vinyl.

17. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I did the cd/shirt bundle. One day I will own a vinyl player and invest in vinyl. But for now I stick to CDs!

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Nothing wrong with that man. At least you’ll listen to the cd haha. I have a vinyl player and barely use it unless I get a new vinyl. Even then I’ll listen to it a few times and then listen digitally. I buy vinyl just to collect/have bigger artwork/variants of albums I love haha. Some albums do sound better on vinyl though.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  19. BTDandFeelingThis

Oh I love vinyl and I want to get on it, but it’s expennnsive. The only vinyl I owned are ones I bought knowing I’d be able to get them signed and I got them framed on my walls. Otherwise CDs for the car!

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  20. simonbelmont

Regular

New variant alert opaque green just went up for preorder

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Really tempted to cancel my red variant pre order and get this. I like the color more and it’s still 180gram... hmm

simonbelmont and Bad Frequencies like this.
  22. BTDandFeelingThis

711F168E-51D3-428A-8324-33E9F032D23A.png

23. AlwaysEvolving21 Jul 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2018)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I got the red and bone colored vinyls. Wish the bone one had a picture.

I like the red one bc it looks like red candle wax lol.

Edit: literally just saw a bone colored vinyl of this.

37541992_1776493019094090_9176319338687234048_n.jpg

simonbelmont and Bad Frequencies like this.
  24. picked up a red today these things are selling fast

25. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Nice! I’m glad they had a vinyl only option since I already picked up the red/black! Would have been cool to have an “all color” (like Blink did with California) package option but this worked too!