Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alien: Covenant (Ridley Scott, May 19th 2017) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

That's how the neomorph bursts out, similar to the xenomorph bursting out of one's chest

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Wtf is a neomorph lol

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Neomorphs are the result of the local ecosystem on the planet to which the Covenant travels having been mutated by the black liquid. Specifically, the liquid causes pods to start growing on the native foliage and the ground, which release a spore when disturbed that can enter a host body through the ears or nostrils. Once a host is infected, the spores cause a Neomorph to grow inside of them, before the creature later erupts from the host's body (similar to a Chestburster). In Alien: Covenant, one of the creatures is said to burst from the back of one of the infected crew members (a "backburster"), while another erupts through a person's throat.

Shortly after their "birth", two dorsal spikes erupt from the Neomorph (which, with their pointed skull, help them to break out of their embryonic sack). Initially, the creature walks in a quadrupedal manner, but as it grows, it adopts a bipedal stance, as well as developing a slightly translucent appearance. The Neomorph is described as animal-like in behaviour (more so than the Xenomorph), and has fang-like teeth and a tail.

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I think it looks pretty good. I've learned to not put too much stock into a trailer.

5. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

i'm sure i'll see it. really don't think prometheus aged well

6. I liked the trailer, I'm excited to see it.

7. Trailer looks great, very excited for this

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed, Joe, Aaron Mook and 2 others like this.
  9. airik625

Looking forward to that sneak peek.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Is that Franco dead center?

nm... just looked at the bigger version.

11. airik625

Cameron and Ferrari333SP like this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Interesting that Franco has a fever before cryosleep, and he's apparently the captain. Though in the other trailers he's not in them. Also I feel they refer to the actor from Big Fish as the captain in the trailers.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. airik625

jkauf, Cameron and coleslawed like this.
  14. Morrissey

Trusted

A prologue film to a prequel movie? This stuff gets more and more bizarre over time.

15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

so are all Androids based off of Michael Fassbender in this universe?

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

One of the first things I noticed after watching the prologue too. Something tells me Franco won't make it too far into the movie.

coleslawed likes this.
  17. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

People on Reddit have spoiled that Franco's character is the previous captain of Covenant that Crudup takes over for after something unfortunate happens to Franco's character, who is only in the movie for several minutes. Also, he is/was Waterston's love interest

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It has to be the same android. I'm assuming that the film starts with Shaw, and him flying somewhere. Then some turn of events happen. Somehow he is re paired???? Maybe???

19. airik625

I'm guessing Noomi Rapace will also reprise her role then. Doubt it she will get much screen time, though.

20. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Looking forward to this.

21. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Nope, Fassbender plays two different androids. He plays David from Prometheus, and the android on the Covenant

22. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

so is that clip not in the actual movie? seemed like it was just a clip but they are calling it a prologue so i'm confused.

23. jmwhit04

Who have completely different outlook/purpose too

coleslawed and fenway89 like this.
  24. jmwhit04

Not in the movie. Takes place right before the movie starts. Meant to introduce you to the characters.

25. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Yeah, should be fun! Fassbender as David is one of the best things in Prometheus, hell it is the best thing. Watching him play both will be great.

coleslawed likes this.