Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alien: Covenant (Ridley Scott, May 19th 2017) Movie • Page 20

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Jun 21, 2016.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

still like both quite a bit. ho hum.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Good man

3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

they could fix some of the problems in a sequel if they’d just put Parker as lead

4. Morrissey

Trusted

KIlling off the Engineers and Shaw in a flashback and short explanation was one of the most insulting things I have ever seen. At the end of Prometheus, the most common defense was that at least it set up something fascinating for the next film. Ultimately, taking what was a horror franchise and trying to turn it into a meditation on creation was out of Ridley Scott's grasp. Prometheus and Alien: Covenant are perfectly serviceable on their own merits but within that lore they are frustrating.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Anthony_ Sep 11, 2020
    (Last edited: May 19, 2021)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I don’t have the same white hot hatred of Prometheus that many people do, and I thought Alien: Covenant was good. Idk.

6. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I enjoy Prometheus considerably more than covenant, which I really thought was weak.

7. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Prometheus is still one of the most frustrating scripts I can think of lol

8. brothemighty

Trusted

Raised By Wolves has the coolest shit

So cool

coleslawed likes this.
  9. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I wish hbo would release shit in 4k

10. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Was really hoping for a revenge of the sith type cap to the trilogy. Something that’s decent and story-wise makes the previous two entries a *bit* more forgivable. Oh well. Hopefully that soft-reboot-sequel-thingy people were talking about years ago will get another look.

Cameron likes this.
  11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

set on Earth?

13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

3-4 years ago you tell me that Noah Hawley is doing an Alien show for FX and I'm losing my mind.

Now? Ehhhh we'll see.

Jusscali likes this.
  14. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Personally, I’d rather they try to do a version of 3’s original vision.

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

If Hawleye reigns his shit in, and keeps it a focused thriller set in the Alien universe it could be real swell. We'll see

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Hopefully it doesn’t end with (Legion finale spoiler) the Xenomorph realizing it’s being mean and deciding it shouldn’t be so mean and then it just stops doing that. The end.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man i cannot wait for this. most exciting news of the drops yesterday

Your Milkshake likes this.
  18. RyanPm40 Dec 11, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 11, 2020)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Was there ever really an original vision? Weren't writers and directors constantly being replaced, and never really had a finished script until after they started filming? Always sounded like that production was a total mess and nobody knew what to do lol. Or maybe I'm thinking the 4th film

19. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

I don't think it's official Hawley is doing the show last week he said he had some meetings a while ago but hasn't heard anything about it in a while??

20. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Well, it was supposed to take place on this artificial planet that made to be this Middle Ages world on the inside. Ripley and the others crash land on a lake at the top of it and sure enough, an Xenomorph comes into being and reaps havoc.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

oh hell yeah, give me a medieval Alien movie. I wanna see a Xenomorph joust

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

wait really? That sounds like it would have fucking ripped. Especially if it were made back then with the 80s aesthetic in action films at the time haha

23. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

the 80s action aesthetic is precisely one of the reasons why I don’t like Aliens but like Alien

kyle likes this.
  24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

25. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

(I’m not actually calling you dumb I just couldn’t find a better gif that worked from the movie haha)