Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alien: Covenant (Ridley Scott, May 19th 2017) Movie • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah.....it was weird that the eggs were already there. I would have liked if David had used Shaw to create the Queen, therefore having her lay the eggs.

nchlsnwtn likes this.
  2. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

It's conflicting because i wish him success but he's kinda fucking it all up

3. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

Just keep telling myself that the fan theories are correct haha. the ones that basically say the weakness of the xeno, speed of growth/chest burster/impregnation, and size of eggs are all due to david's experimentation not being complete.

4. Morrissey

Trusted

I would have liked to see one sequel, set on the planet from the original Alien, that explained the Engineer mission and how their creatures got out.

The problem with these sequels is that Scott wants to have these grand Biblical themes but the films are still trapped in the Alien formula (people find Alien, people fight Alien, Alien kills almost everyone, people kill Alien). It is a commercial problem, though; I imagine Scott wants to make films that stray from that but no one is going to finance that.

Zilla, Davjs and nchlsnwtn like this.
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

One thing I heard after the fact is that early on when Billy Crudup's character assumed the role as their leader, his crew couldn't trust him because he's a man of faith. But yet that wasn't mentioned or explored again throughout the rest of the movie

imthesheriff likes this.
  6. This was fine. Fassbender and Fassbender were good and the exploration of the Alien mythology was interesting, but the movie needed more. I liked Prometheus a lot more, but I love Prometheus.

Davjs likes this.
  7. manoverboard365

Trusted

I just saw this last night. Pretty disappointed to be honest. I can't see this being spread out for another 6 sequels or whatever number Ridley had thrown around.
    Also can't understand how this got a 71% on rotten tomatoes. I woulda gone much lower.

Jusscali likes this.
  8. TedSchmosby

Trusted

When Life came out, people were saying that it was an anemic version of Alien. If that's the case, I'm curious, because this felt like an anemic version of Alien to me

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

I thought Life was much better than this.

The thing that bugs me the most with Covenant is that they didn't even try to get you to connect with any of the crew. I didn't give a shit which character lived or died.

10. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Life was good, and MUCH better than this

11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I'm looking forward to checking it out when it hits DVD. This was a let down, unfortunately

12. Dog with a Blog

Does even Ridley Scott not have enough agency to make the movie he wants to make?

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Pretty much agree with all of this though overall I enjoyed this film. There are parts I love in spite of the fact the characters, and story are worthless.

14. since i'd only seen the first two Alien movies, this one was pretty fun and creepy to me. i just decided on a whim to check it out and was entertained enough :-)

Cameron, Aaron Mook, Davjs and 2 others like this.
  15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

aoftbsten likes this.
  16. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

If life is better than this then good lord

17. airik625

Life is definitely better.

18. I like them about the same. Might give a slight edge to Covenant.

19. Davjs

Trusted

Even if life is a better horror/thriller movie, I love the Alien lore so much that I can't see myself liking it more.

Plus the Michael Fassbender talking to Michael Fassbender scenes were all awesome.

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Still think this movie was extremely entertaining, and there is a lot of stuff I loved.

Davjs likes this.
  21. airik625

Davjs likes this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Dope. Still enjoyed this a fair amount despite the flaws.

23. airik625

24. recall reality Jul 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 7, 2017)
    recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

It's not. The bloodburster/neomorph night scenes on the planet in Covenant are far scarier than anything in Life. And that's BEFORE Fassbender + Fassbender enters the movie. I loved the erie atmosphere on the planet and the cinematography. Alien has a mood that supports its best elements. Life was comparatively lifeless. The ship was pretty cookie cutter. The way it was shot... it just didn't have much character. The characters didn't have much character, though that was a problem with Covenant too. The alien in Life is... okay? It's crazy how similar the ending to the movies are, though Life's didn't feel as earned to me. I enjoyed both enough but i liked Covenant better.

Davjs likes this.
  25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

kyle and inwaves like this.