Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alexisonfire Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by atlas, Mar 31, 2016.

1. zmtr

Trusted

prime example:

the "red stained eyes" part is SO good here which is why I remember a video from 10 years ago of a show I didn't even go to

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

What I love most about the first two albums is the crazy/weird instrumentation they had going on. Who else in this scene was really pulling off songs with 2 minute long intros?! Plus, that duality between George's screams and Dallas's angelic voice is perfect. Throwing in Wade every now and then is a luxury pretty much no other band has.

Watch Out! is probably my favorite because it perfectly blends that weird instrumental and chaotic side with the melodic side.

3. zmtr

Trusted

The long intros (and fucking sometimes wildly bizarre lyrics) is what makes that album my favorite. The intro to Polaroids is still one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

What was really cool is that on the S/T they're literally singing 2 different songs in 1. 99% of other bands just followed the scream verse-sing chorus-scream verse-sing chorus formula and AOF did not give a fuck.

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Polaroids is one of their very best. They very underrated band lyrically for sure. George really knows how to tell a story in my opinion. I feel like they can pull off any subject matter in their lyrics too. Like, how many bands could write a song about a freaking go karting and make it work?!

5. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Crisis>Watch Out!>S/T> OC/YC

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. skurt

I sure hope so!

7. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Went to listen to these guys today and before I knew it I had listened to... everything. These guys are truly an amazing band and need to return pls

8. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Anyone from the UK? It's your lucky day.

[​IMG]

skurt likes this.
  9. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

George Petit is on the blink 155 podcast this week and it’s a hoot

skurt and redwing91007 like this.
  10. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

First show of 4 in Toronto is tonight. Lemme know if anyone is going!

11. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

So jealous of anyone going to these shows

mescalineeyes likes this.
  12. skurt

js977 and redwing91007 like this.
  13. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

I am going tomorrow!

14. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Truly. Maybe I will get to see them one day.

Have a blast!

redwing91007 likes this.
  15. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Been on a huge AOF kick lately. They blend melody, calmness, aggression, ambiance, wall-of-sound.... better than about any other band I know. If you listen to Old Crows / Young Cardnials on a good system/headphones with a good lowend man it really rips. Headed for the Sun really kicks you in the teeth.

They need to pull a Underoath and announce something.

16. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I would be so happy to get a new AOF album.

17. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Yeah the time seems right for some new AOF.

18. skurt

I would say it's unlikely this year. Dallas just started recording City and Colour album 6.

redwing91007 and beachdude42 like this.
  19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Yeah i saw that. Total wishful thinking. Ep or even just one new song would be nice tho.

beachdude42 likes this.
  20. zmtr

Trusted

I fucking miss this band so much. Spent my whole afternoon slamming beers and watching live videos. I hope they announce a US date sometime soon.

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Been listening to crisis a lot, god damn what an album

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  22. Crisis is perfect

23. zmtr

Trusted

Crisis IS perfect and it's their 3rd best record.

When I was younger I really disliked the title track and especially "You Burn First". Love them both now.

24. zmtr

Trusted

This set is absurdly good. The energy is unbelieveable. This band can PLAY their instruments.

redwing91007 and ramomcferno like this.
  25. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Interestingly enough there’s a bridge on the new Hawthorne heights album that sounds exactly like AOF. did a double take.

teebs41 likes this.