Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alexisonfire Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by atlas, Mar 31, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I got my hopes up for a anniversary tour, but I'll check out that playlist for sure.

2. zmtr

Trusted

Hot damn. Don't know if I'll be ordering because I already have the special edition on vinyl but that's still super awesome

3. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Need to stop myself from buying this. I already have the 180g version and the cassette.

4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Crisis is usually my go-to AOF album, but Watch Out has really connected with me recently. Those two albums are now basically equal in my eyes.

js977, zmtr and mescalineeyes like this.
  5. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

the only album that hasn't help up for me is Old Crows.

js977, beachdude42 and zmtr like this.
  6. zmtr

Trusted

It's definitely my least favorite but Emerald Street and ESPECIALLY Midnight Regulations are 2 of my favorite AOF songs.

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. zmtr

Trusted

S/T > Watch Out > Switcheroo > Crisis > Dogs Blood > OC/YC

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. zmtr

Trusted

You play tele's and like AOF too? I knew I followed ya for a reason!

beachdude42 and mescalineeyes like this.
  9. mescalineeyes

:winkkiss:

I brought one of my teles in to fix 'er up yesterday and the luthier totally gave her lovey dovey eyes haha "teles are the best damn guitars", he said. we both nodded. he fixed her for free.

10. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I must be an outlier in their fanbase becasue I actually find Old Crows/Young Cardinals to be some of their best work right up there with Crisis. I might even like it a little more than Crisis some days.

11. mescalineeyes

(I might have just worn it out because when it came out that's all I listened to for weeks on end)

mattav152 likes this.
  12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

My only issue with OC/YC is that stretch from Midnight Regulations to Heading For The Sun. Those three songs all end up sounding so similar to me when they are sequenced like that. If you replaced Heading For The Sun with the B-Side Two Sisters, it would work much better in my opinion. I still enjoy the album though.

mattav152 and mescalineeyes like this.
  13. mescalineeyes

nailed it

14. zmtr

Trusted

A couple weeks back I exchanged a couple messages via Instagram DM with Wade about my tattoo :blush:

Larry David, js977 and mescalineeyes like this.
  15. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Does anyone think they have any new material written?

skurt likes this.
  16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I remember George saying they had written new material that made Dog's Blood sound ska music a little bit before they broke up. But, I'm not sure if they ever built on that.

17. beachdude

Honestly I still expect Dallas’ focus to remain on City and Colour... I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re one band we never see new material from, or not for a long time.

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'd love to get new material from them. But, Dog's Blood is awesome, so I'm okay if that ends up being their swan song honestly.

skurt and beachdude42 like this.
  19. zmtr

Trusted

That made the breakup that much harder. Dogs Blood is really incredible work. The drumming on Black as Jet is some of the best I've ever heard

20. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Yay the thread is alive!

aoftbsten, zmtr and beachdude42 like this.
  21. zmtr

Trusted

this video is a fucking treasure and the part i time stamped is just too sick for words

skurt, js977, aoftbsten and 1 other person like this.
  22. beachdude

Watch Out! > Crisis > S/T > OC/YC

Love all four albums but I think this is my ranking right now. This is actually a band where I think their "more polished" stuff really showcases the great songwriting and all three vocalists' great chops, so that's why the mid-career albums are on top for me.

skurt, aoftbsten and zmtr like this.
  23. zmtr

Trusted

The vocal performances on Watch Out! are really just insane.

skurt, aoftbsten and beachdude42 like this.
  24. beachdude

They really had possibly the BEST vocal combination in the genre imo, between the three of them they could cover a huge range of emotions and styles.

skurt and aoftbsten like this.
  25. zmtr

Trusted

I think they were the best quite easily actually. Especially because most of the time they literally sounded better live.

skurt, aoftbsten and beachdude42 like this.