Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alexisonfire Band • Page 47

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by atlas, Mar 31, 2016.

1. dzyjay

Regular

Was really hoping they would work with a producer on this album. Don’t think the songs they have been releasing are bad the production just not for me.

333 GANG likes this.
  2. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Yeah the muddy production is definitely the worse thing about the new songs from them unfortunately. The production here compared to the last City and Colour is night and day.

3. balloon.pilot

Regular

I really like this new song. Muddy mix...yes...but it kind of works for the style of the song. Doesn't stop me from enjoying it at least

ramomcferno and beachdude like this.
  4. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Song is an earworm for me. Love it.

beachdude likes this.
  5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I was absolutely belting this during my commute this morning.

beachdude likes this.
  6. Cmoney86

Trusted

Pro shot footage from their Lollapalooza Chile set yesterday

Doomsday, koryoreo and beachdude like this.
  7. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Man that set reminds me of how fucking great they are live. One of my first club shows was Saosin, Norma Jean and Alexisonfire. I’ll never forgot how wild their set was. Still one of the craziest sets I’ve ever seen and such a fun live band. Watching that set took me back and the band still kills it.

8. Supernova Mar 19, 2022
    (Last edited: Mar 19, 2022)
    Supernova

I saw that tour in Atlanta! My only time seeing AoF(until May in ATL again). I don't recall the energy of their set but I do recall the setlist. The first 6 songs off Crisis, starting with "You Burn First" then "We Are The Sound", then the others... closing with Happiness.

Crisp X, koryoreo and beachdude like this.
  9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

wow that’s an incredible lineup!

10. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I didn't get into them until OC/YC, so right after I became a fan they broke up. I just got tickets to the Atlanta date, too. Stoked!

beachdude likes this.
  11. The Emologist

Crusted

Must see AOF live.. I always seem to miss the opportunity.

12. balloon.pilot

Regular

my only chance to see them was a free outdoor show in vancouver during the 2010 olympics. 10 seconds into the opener (drunks, lovers, sinners, & saints) they stopped cuz people moved forward and broke the safety barrier. a few people got minorly injured and they cancelled the whole show.

13. atlas

Trusted

Was sifting through live videos from their shows the last couple days and audibly said "no fucking way" when this one appeared

Crisp X, Supernova and Henry like this.
  14. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

their set lists on the headliners in south America have looked insane.

15. what a special fucking band

aoftbsten likes this.
  16. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Honestly looking forward to the aftershow on Saturday at Bottom Lounge more than Riot Fest as a whole. It's been so long since I've seen them at a small venue.

17. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

See, I've ONLY seen them once, at Riot last, so yeah I'm right there with you, Saturday is gonna be bonkers.

bradpetrik likes this.
  18. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Almost stopped reading when they say to skip "Sans Soleil"

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Or Midnight Regulations.

I mean I know it’s a comedy site, but come on let’s be a little serious.

Anthony_Soprano and AgonizingFir like this.
  20. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

21. atlas

Trusted

If I put on Crisis and you tell me to skip You Burn First then I'm putting you in the chair

Phantoms, Doomsday, Supernova and 9 others like this.
  22. AgonizingFir

Currently Distracted Supporter

Crisis has no skips

23. -deleted-

-

I decided a long time ago Watch Out! is my favorite by a landslide. But I like every release before the newest. I’m sad to admit Otherness is not returned to outside of RTC. Had high hopes and liked the singles.

The Emologist and AgonizingFir like this.
  24. Supernova

Crisis top for me. Then Old Crows. Otherness has actually grown on me a lot. I truly love it. I might place it next above Watch Out!. I have no connection to their debut. It's fine, but I never listen to it. I wish I had heard it when it came out and latched on to it then. I didn't get into AOF until right after Crisis came out.

Phantoms, gchb and thenewmatthewperry like this.