Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alexisonfire Band • Page 32

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by atlas, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Love it. Definitely hear both the Crisis and OCYC vibes instrumentally and vocally.

2. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I really like this but I think I prefer Familiar Drugs. I really love FD's lyrics.

I would love to see lyrics for this. But I am excited to hear both of these songs live.

3. currytheword

Trusted

Have you all heard the full track somewhere or is this talk all off the teaser?

beachdude likes this.
  4. zmtr

Trusted

It's out there

currytheword and beachdude like this.
  5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I like it. Solid back and forth between Wade and George at the start. Ends pretty strong. I share the complaints about the mix on these two tracks.

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm getting some Billy Talent vibes from this. Always a good thing.

7. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Being compared to Billy Talent is definitely not a good thing.

zmtr and mescalineeyes like this.
  8. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I share pretty much the same feelings as most of you, only listened once but compared to my first listen of FD I liked it more. This is gonna be great live, can’t wait!

9. Kevin_MI

Oh man this new song is so good. They've still got it for sure.

skurt likes this.
  10. 333 GANG

ACAB

I don’t hear the similarities, but I disagree with this take hard.

11. atlas

Trusted

it's like Billy Talent in the sense that it was released by a band from Canada and the drums were recorded by Ratbeard

skurt likes this.
  12. No Billy Talent slander on my watch!!

13. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

14. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Overall, I probably like this song more than Familiar Drugs, but I really do appreciate the the lyrics on FD and trying some weirder sounds. But this one is definitely more up my alley. 2/2 so far!

ramomcferno likes this.
  15. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

It sounds like they're releasing a 7" for this, too, and that there will be a clear red variant randomly inserted in with mostly black stock.

16. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I enjoy the new song as much as Familiar Drugs but I really appreciate that it has more of a classic AOF sound to it compared to the desert rock/stoner rock sound of FD. I'll be happy if we consistently get singles of this quality from them for a while but I still wouldn't complain with an album at some point.

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I dunno, that opening riff bears a lot of similarities to a Billy Talent riff to me. Of course, outside of that, it's obviously very different.

ramomcferno likes this.
  18. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

19. atlas

Trusted

the riff reminds me of Reservoir by PUP

20. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Song slays

21. tvck

Trusted

Songs sorely need a better mix, as evidenced by how great Familiar Drugs sounds in that basement concert video. Really enjoying the songs regardless.

rxbandit89 likes this.
  22. currytheword

Trusted

What kind of mix do you guys expect for this? or what are you listening to the track through? Sounds great to me. :shrug:

23. 333 GANG

ACAB

The mix definitely doesn’t sound great.

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This has grown on me immensely today

ramomcferno likes this.
  25. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I'm no sound engineer, so someone with more knowledge on the subject please correct me or provide better vocabulary. But the vocals seem very quiet and the instrumentation just seems muddy? I threw on Watch Out! in the car today after listening to this and I can pick out each instrument on that album.

I don't think it sounds bad by any stretch, but I keep adjusting the volume while listening to this.