Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alexisonfire Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by atlas, Mar 31, 2016.

1. gchb

You shouldn't be. He's never not on point.

2. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Listened to dogs blood the other day. Definitely wish they made an album in that vein. Dark, punk and heavy.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. ahabian

there isn't a proper word for the setting sun.

Listening to the feed from last night. Sounds incredible.

4. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

This was awesome. The timing worked out and I'm not overly surprised they did this as a warmup to their Australian run, but I really wish I was tipped off ahead of time and could have gotten to Toronto for this.

5. atlas

Trusted

Ratbeard is a damn beast man, my word

redwing91007 likes this.

6. One of the best live bands ever.

redwing91007, ahabian and js977 like this.
  7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

been quite a while since i listened to some AOF, and never got to see em live. about to put em on now.

8. ahabian

9. atlas

Trusted

I don't think they are, the crowd is really just that big haha. They've had the rowdiest crowd out of any show I've ever attended

ahabian likes this.
  10. ahabian

Haha, I guess it just looks weird. It looks like a lot of weird people standing around.

11. redwing91007

I have the BluRay of that show and it's just SO SO good. For those of you who didn't hear, Alexisonfire is playing the Montebello Rockfest (Canadian Festival in Quebec) in June. It's their first North American show in 2 years.

12. zmtr

Trusted

I had to remind myself what year it was when I saw that lineup lol

new album pls

13. redwing91007

The lineup is incredible! I already have my tickets.

14. redwing91007

So Alexisonfire was a surprise guest for the Billy Talent show in Toronto last night. They came out for the encore instead of BT and played 3 songs.

This got me super excited and I'm tempted to buy tickets for the show in Montreal on Wednesday because you never know.

Then this morning, this happened:

Wade MacNeil @wade_macneil: Toronto make sure you are listening to @the_edge at 10:00AM. I'll be talking about last nights gig and some other big news!!!

15. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Holy crap that's amazing

16. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Assuming the "big news" is a Toronto show?

17. redwing91007

No idea, I'll be listening live and updating here. I have a call at 10:30 though so hopefully he talks about it before then.

18. redwing91007

[​IMG]

zmtr likes this.
  19. atlas

Trusted

Holy shit! See you in June Toronto

20. redwing91007

Sadly think I'll have to pass on these. They are the same week as Rockfest and fall on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights.

21. zmtr

Trusted

they sure are spending lots of time together lately

new. album. please.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Never got into the band but loved early city and colour and like post hardcore where is the best place to start?

23. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Honestly I would start with S/t and go in order. They were awesome from the get go. Watch Out! Is my favorite.

aoftbsten likes this.
  24. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Watch Out! The self titled before that is very raw, but Watch Out is incredible.

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'd probably start with Watch Out! To me, it blends some of the more mainstream aspects of their later work and the experimentation and instrumental brilliance of the 1st album perfectly. It is also a great showcase for Dallas. So if you're into City & Colour, you should at least be able to enjoy that.