Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alexisonfire Band • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by atlas, Mar 31, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Oh man, this is tough.

Watch Out!
    Crisis
    Switcheroo
    OCYC
    Dog's Blood
    S/T

I love them all though. I feel like the order is pretty arbitrary for me after Watch Out!

2. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Watch Out has my favorite Dallas vocals ever. No Transitory and Control :heart:

beachdude likes this.
  3. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

This is bang on with my rankings. WO and Crisis are neck and neck for me though.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well, no one is going to like me here:

Old Crows/Young Cardinals > Dogs Blood > Crisis > Watch Out! >>>>>> S/T

5. Brandon Briganti

Regular Prestigious

So if I never listened to these guys before where should I start?

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Probably Crisis.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The only record of theirs I don't like is Self-titled. I just put it on and I only made it a few songs in. Sounds too dated and just rough. Dallas and George have come a LONG way as vocalists.

8. zmtr

Trusted

Damn this thread sucks now

9. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

same

beachdude, mattylikesfilms and skurt like this.
  10. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Honestly I like it a bit more than you but I agree with the general point. I rarely ever listen to that album... and if I’m in the mood for AOF I’ll almost certainly listen to anything after the self-titled before I decide to throw it on.

11. azzy01

Regular

Agreed. When I first discovered them back in 2008, I tried to listen to self titled and got turned way off. Luckily I found Crisis and immediately fell in love

12. azzy01

Regular

My ranking would be
    Crisis > DB> OCYC> watch out > self titled.

Would love to see them head in a heavier direction similar to DB, but with more melody. Really loved the instrumentation on the DB

13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I totally would back this also. I think a style similar to DB with a greater use of Dallas' vocals could be rad as fuck

14. currytheword

Trusted

Self-titled is really good.

zmtr, aoftbsten, skurt and 2 others like this.
  15. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Let’s get one thing clear: their discography is pretty much near flawless.

16. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

This guy gets it.

17. mattylikesfilms Feb 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 2, 2019)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Single supposedly just got confirmed for 2/15!

Also I still say S/T is bad lol :-)

Edit: I will admit Waterwings is still a jam though.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  18. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

It's cool seeing all of these different opinions, especially concerning S/T. A lot of people I know in the "hardcore scene" IRL who listen to this band say they fell off a bit after Watch Out!, which I totally disagree with, but I still think I listen to S/T more than Crisis probably.

But the most important part is what Nate said, these guys are basically perfect

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Listening to Watch Out! for the first time in a while and it’s still as great as I remember it.

20. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

44 Caliber, Counterparts, A Dagger..., Polaroids, Waterwings, Where No One Knows, The Kennedy Curse, Pulmonary Archery... all top notch AOF songs in my opinion!

You gotta love The Kennedy Curse just for when George goes hella deep with his screams, always wish he did more of that haha

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It just never really clicked with me but I also didn’t get into AOF till Crisis and then I checked out Watch Out! I feel like I would appreciate their S/T if I heard it when it first came out?

The record version of Waterwings is alright but there’s this live in studio version on itunes during their OC/YC era and it sounds even better!

ramomcferno, beachdude and Doomsday like this.
  22. Those who especially liked Dog's Blood should check out Gallows' albums with Wade. S/T has kind of a rock'n'roll vibe and some nice riffing while Desolation Sounds had more of a haunting atmosphere. Hopefully we'll get new music further down the line, but probably not before the end of Alexisonfire's new record cycle.

23. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Fair enough!

Would love a link to that iTunes video if you/anybody else has it

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Tried finding it to post here yesterday but all I found was this ok rip of it:

Doomsday likes this.
  25. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I believe the remaster is on Apple Music of the ST release which to me polished the sound off a lot to make the release less rough.

Since we’re doing it:

Crisis
    WO!
    ST
    OC/YC
    DB

beachdude and skurt like this.