Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alexisonfire Announce Australian Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Alexisonfire have announced some new Australian tour dates. You can find those below.

01/11 HBF Stadium Perth, AUS
    01/13 AEC Theatre Adelaide, AUS
    01/14 Unify Festival Gippsland, AUS
    01/17 Festival Hall Melbourne, AUS
    01/19 Hordern Pavilion Sydney, AUS
    01/21 Riverstage Brisbane, AUS

2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

What I would give for some U.S. east coast love.

js977, ramomcferno, mattav152 and 3 others like this.
  3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

If only this band caught on in the US. Cool to see them just announce something so close to it actually happening.

Dan O'Neill and beachdude42 like this.
  4. MikeERayner

Trusted

Was announced months ago - I've had my ticket for a while haha

Schooner likes this.
  5. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Oh, ok haha never mind.

6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Dallas Green participate in the band anymore?

7. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Dirty Nil supporting this as well. Still kicking myself for seeing Senses Fail over Alexis at Warped 09

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  8. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I do believe so. :)

9. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

So are these guys like still a band or what? Crisis is probably in my top ten EVER. Wanna see 'em live so badly.

10. Jared Luttrell

Regular

I love this band as much as the next person but I can't help but feel a little taken advantage of when bands do these massive farewell tours and sell these hugely expensive bundles and collections only to return a year or two down the road. I understand that fans are gonna spend their money however they see fit and if it makes you happy that's great, just has always been a little off putting to me.

11. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I'm sure there may be some bands that are very strategic about that, but for most I imagine they truly believe they could be done for good when they make the initial break-up decision. It's a lose-lose situation for bands, because if they break up and don't do a big farewell - they get criticized for not properly saying goodbye to fans, and if they make it a big deal but happen to reconcile or have a change of heart later - they get criticized for not staying dead after having done a farewell tour/box sets, whatever.

Managing a career as a band seems very complicated to me, whether it be touring life, revenue sources, social dynamic among members, etc., and it must be very hard for any band to know their ultimate fate as they're considering a break-up, because things can always change later. So as the consumer, I don't assume much about a band's future, and keep that in mind if I'm considering paying extra for those tours, album releases, etc.

12. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

I'd love to see these guys do a bit of local touring in Southern Ontario

13. Jared Luttrell

Regular

That's probably the best way to look at it as a consumer and I don't think these guys would be the type to have any nefarious plot or anything, it's not like they're doing a massive world reunion tour or anything.

14. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Plus, getting new music or opportunities to see my favourite bands again is great anyway! Why would I complain about getting my favourite bands back from the dead?

I'll add, I went to the Thrice, Thursday and Underoath farewell tours, bought the Alexisonfire Live at Copps vinyl set, and sure, those concerts don't have the same significance in hindsight, but they were powerful experiences at the time because I thought it could be the last chance - and those memories don't change because of their revivals. Nor would I be so selfish to resent their return and that more people will get chances to see them again or for the first time.

15. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I know exactly what you mean. I saw the RX Bandits farewell tour, and it was the best possible setlist - and then they reunited just a couple years later.

The impact of the "farewell" is gone, but I still saw an insanely good show. :)

16. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

The last two times i've seen Underoath was the Farewell tour and then the 10 Year comeback tour lol.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  17. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

We need some Dallas, TX love god damnit