Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Alex Lahey - I Love You Like A Brother (October 6, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Jul 26, 2017.

1. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

i really fucked up only listening to after she played toronto

brandon_260 likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it's a top 5 song this year prob

3. matthaber

this album is just filled with perfect anthemic pop music. Makes me to jump around and dance while simultaneously makes me want to cry. Its embodies all the same things that makes me love bands like Los Campesinos!

ugh.

Mary V likes this.
  4. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Last night was an absolute blast. She ended up playing her entire EP, the cover of “Torn”, and 9/10 of ILYLAB (“There’s No Money” was written as an encore, but left out.) She also mentioned the last time she played Chicago about six months ago, the crowd was about 30 people. So cool to see her nearly sell out a bigger venue this time around.

5. cwhit

i can't believe we're the only show that got the short setlist i am devastated

6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Little late to this party but this thing kicks ass. Love how seamlessly it jumps across so many styles, all of them fun and executed well.

Mary V likes this.
  7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

The title track might be the catchiest thing I’ve heard all year, goddamn

Mary V likes this.
  8. cwhit

omg alex!!!

Essie, Mary V and Zac Djamoos like this.
  9. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, huge for her

10. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Don't know how I missed this thread but subscribing now. Learned about Alex thanks to Camp Cope and have been playing her album non-stop for the past month. Saw her twice in November, in Manchester and then in Dallas, both times she absolutely killed it though I liked the Manchester show more since we got the way longer set list. Can't wait to see her again in June if I manage to snag tickets.

12. oldboot

Regular

Listening to this for the first time now...she's opening my JEW show so I decided to check her out and man, this album bangs

Mary V likes this.
  13. cwhit

this is in my top 20

Mary V likes this.
  14. Orla

Posted my favourite albums list on social media today. This is indeed #1.

15. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I fucked up and slept on this. It's snowing outside and I just wanna drive down the beach to this record holy fuck

16. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

This is still in heavy rotation and probably my most listened to album of 2017. Serious staying power and I can't say enough good things about it.

17. Orla

Took some time away from this album, put it on this morning, and had to spin it twice. Still hits as hard as the week it was released.

18. matthaber

so i bought this on vinyl, but i guess there was a screw up and phoebes bridgers album is pressed on it lol

Snewt likes this.
  19. matthaber

i am so god damn confused right now

20. matthaber

the label on the vinyl/album artwork is ALL for alex lahey, but like...... its phoebes bridgers

21. matthaber Mar 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 9, 2018)
    matthaber

what an odd way to hear Phoebe Bridgers for the first time

22. cwhit

hahahahahahaha oh my god

although that’s a very slight upgrade imo

23. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

your confusion is totally warranted but wait, hold up, FIRST TIME?

cwhit and matthaber like this.
  24. matthaber

K I slept on the album :( like for way to long . I have no way to justify not hearing it till now , other than I'm stupid

cwhit likes this.
  25. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

No no I didn't think I would like it when it came out, I waited for a while too! I just know what you like and can imagine this one wrecking you a bit haha. Like Casey said, strange as hell but honestly...slight upgrade (I love both dearly)

cwhit likes this.