Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums: The Album-Focused Music Player for iOS

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Albums is an album-focused music player for iOS. It is the perfect companion for music nerds who use Apple Music (or have a local library) and really love to listen to albums as a whole. They just launched version 2.0 and it’s available as free download.

The app is built for those that want to listen, specifically, to albums as a whole and be able to find them and consume them in an easy manner. In addition to offering features like album shuffle, the app also hooks into MusicBrainz and Discogs to pull in production credits, release dates, and record label. It also makes the most of the latest iOS features, like Siri Shortcuts, Dark Mode, and context menus. And, the latest update has an in-app purchase to use built in Last.fm scrobbling.

Check it out now on the App Store.

You can also follow the app on Twitter.

Our thanks to Albums for sponsoring Chorus this week. More information about sponsored posts and purchasing advertisements on this website can be found here.

2. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

This is exactly what I’ve been wanting for years now.

3. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I've been using Cesium for years, and just recently I've taken a liking to Soor. I'm excited to check this out to see how it compares.

4. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

I don't main iOS, but I'll download it on my iPad and give it a go. +1000 points for the screenshot with Flies in All Directions.

I was just thinking the other night that I wanted the ability to make album playlists and I don't think I've ever seen that feature before. I tend to only listen to albums, but sometimes I want to listen to random albums of a certain vibe, so it would be cool to be able to make a playlist with albums in it, and then randomize it so it just randomizes what album plays next. Maybe that would be a unique feature for this app.

5. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I wish this worked with Spotify. I'd definitely be on board.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. Agreed, with Spotify and Android support I would pay for this.