Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores (April 1st, 2016) • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Vincentbiz

Resident Type 1 Diabetic

Its working for me right now,

2. CheapPop

Regular

Weezer, Explosions In The Sky, and The Summer Set for me. I have listened to all 3, enjoyed them all, especially Weezer.

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

checking out kanye and EITS

4. younglikeme

ii // YLM

What a time to be alive, right!? haha all borders are a blur

5. philegin

// and one day I saw something come down to us //

Charles Bradley is easily my favorite of the week so far. Dude is an immeasurable vocal talent; can't wait to see him at Beacon Theater end of the month.

6. DOWN WITH GENRES!!!

Haha

7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

That Summer Set album is just littered with Springsteen references. That's pretty much the main draw.

8. xenoabe

Regular

I organized my Spotify by genre and I've had a hard time lately figuring out which playlist to throw new tunes in.

9. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Your username makes me read everything you say in such an apathetic voice haha

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yeah, I was having a problem with it all day, I'll have to give Weezer a go over the weekend.

11. Ended up buying Weezer, Hiromi, and Robbie Fulks. My brother bought dvsn and Black Mountain.

My purchasing habits are getting out of hand. I haven't even finished listening to everything I bought last week, hahahah.

12. You are correct.

EVERYONE LISTEN TO dvsn AND HIROMI!!! (aka Hiromi's Trio Project)

13. stevenlalonde

Really dig the new Weezer album!
    I also recommend the new Teen Suicide album

14. FrankOceansEleven

bucks in 6

Definitely listening to the dvsn record. Between that and Gallant's debut coming out on Wednesday, it's a good week for fresh R&B.

15. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I think I saw you post about this somewhere else as a RIYL for Lake Street Dive a couple weeks ago, so I checked it out and really liked it! Did you go to the show where they both played? I'd imagine their sound translates very well live.

16. lava890

Regular Supporter

I've listened to the new Weezer album three times straight through today in my car commuting to and from work. It's so good.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I echo this.

lava890 likes this.
  18. Strues

Pleasantly surprised by this release.

19. alexjlow

Regular

I picked up Born to Run, Thunder Road and No Surrender refs, any others?

I have to say I think this record is very solid.

20. Craig Manning

"Thunder Road" is in there a few times and there's a "Stolen Car" reference too.

I think they went too radio pop on a lot of this. There are some fun songs, but the last record was better, IMO.

21. Neon Light

rage and love

I can honestly see "The Night is Young" being this year's "Shut Up and Dance" if they released it to radio.

22. Craig Manning

I feel like they've had a good handful of songs that could have been hits on pop radio, but either weren't singles or were just promoted really badly. "When We Were Young" and "Jukebox" both come to mind.

23. alexjlow

Regular

Whilst 'The Night is Young' is certainly one of my personal favourites from the album I could see 'All my Friends' doing extremely well over the summer period. Surely that has to be a single?

24. Craig Manning

"All My Friends" is soooo bad though. "The Night is Young" would be the smart choice.

25. phaynes1

Regular

Check out the Autolux record immediately. Carla Azar is one of the best living drummers. Just incredible work.