Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores (April 1st, 2016) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

The Charles Bradley record is fantastic

2. EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

The new Hiromi album Spark is absolutely incredible.

A jazz trio based around a Japanese pianist. She's incredible, the songcraft is remarkable, it has everything I love about jazz artists ranging from Herbie Hancock to The Reign of Kindo, and the drumming and bass guitar work is stupid good.

3. Gooddayz

always and forever

@Chase Tremaine Hmmm.. I'll have to add that to the list. The Reign of Kindo rec peaks my interest

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  4. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Will be listening to Explosions in the Sky-"The Wilderness" & Weezer-"The White Album". Nothing too much for me this week, likely won't be buying the vinyl of either of these. Going to spend my weekend listening to a lot of Half Moon Run, seeing them on Monday.

5. This album sounds like what The Reign of Kindo would make if they decided to make an instrumental record while blowing on all cylinders.

6. timcsheehan

Regular

I'll probably (very very hesitantly) check out Weezer.

7. Gooddayz

always and forever

Oh man I'll be seeing Half Moon Run at the end of the month! I never heard of them before I heard their new album and it was soo good

8. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

KBradley likes this.
  9. redwing91007

I've known about them for a while since they are a Montreal band. Saw them play at Osheaga in 2014 and was impressed. Still prefer their first album but very excited to see some of the new songs live. Where are you seeing them?

10. Gooddayz

always and forever

Dang... Okay I gotta get on that!

11. DeeZee

If Young Metro Don't Trust You... Prestigious

Was listening to Babymetal while jogging this morning. Crazy album.

12. Gooddayz

always and forever

Oh really? I"ll have to check out their debut as well and I'll be seeing them in Houston. It'll actually be at a new venue so I'm pretty excited!

13. redwing91007

You absolutely should, let me know what you think. It's definitely a different vibe than the second album.

14. fallfromgrace

I'm glad someone else mentioned Stories for Monday. I am shocked that The Summer Set didn't make this list! Such a great record :)

15. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Lake Street Dive's new one is also (finally) on Spotify. Not sure if I missed it coming on earlier, but I'm listening now and it's really good.

Meerkat likes this.
  16. Gooddayz

always and forever

@whitenblue88 Oh gosh finally! I've been waiting to give that album a listen. I really liked their single Mistakes

17. redwing91007

Couldn't get into Explosions in the Sky, never could. Weezer was solid but it probably won't become a regular spin of mine. Not the best week.

18. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Damn. MASSIVE release day. Gonna be a long night.

19. KBradley

the earth is not a cold dead place.

Pretty crazy that EITS, Mogwai, and Hammock all released albums on the same day.

20. I actually feel like this album is way more tame than the debut. Sounds less like authentic metal and more like pop music being played in metal fashion. At least based on what I've heard thus far.

21. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Love this record. You guys should check out The Suffers' album. They're on tour with Lake Street Dive right now. I think they're a 10 piece band or something in that range.

22. DeeZee

If Young Metro Don't Trust You... Prestigious

Oh I agree, it's lighter than the last album, but it still has some hard hitting tracks. "Sis. Anger" got me pumped up. Everything probably sounded more aggressive for me because I was in the middle of a three mile jog, though.

23. younglikeme

ii // YLM

The summer set's album cover reminds me of "Through Being Cool" a little bit...

That being said today is a MASSIVE day...

Summer Set
    EITS
    Weezer
    Andrew Bird
    Yeasayer
    The Last Shadow Puppets
    dvsn
    Polyenso
    Hammock
    & god knows what else that I read about here...

Also, if you're into rap, don't sleep on the Tunji Ige...

24. bruinrk

Forgot the Summer Set "Stories for Monday"

fallfromgrace likes this.
  25. It makes me happy to see someone else checking out both dvsn and Hammock.

younglikeme likes this.