Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Sep. 8th, 2017 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Fox83

Trusted

If anyone wants some good rock/pop music, check out Alert The Medic's new album out today. Spotify turned me on to them. They're bigger in Canada apparently. Catchy stuff. Lead singer has a great voice.

2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I really wanna like Stray since I think they could stand for something really great, but god I think they are just awful. Really disappointed with that new Being As An ocean as well. Still need to check out Mutemath

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  3. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Thanks for the tip! I like mye ADTR copycats once in a while (like Chunk! No Captain Chunk!). Fun to listen to while running or working out.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  4. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Yeah, I mentioned that record last week... they ride ADTR's nuts really hard.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  5. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

Comback Kid
    MuteMath
    The National
    Four Year Strong
    Adventurer

6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Couldn't agree more

7. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Damn, what don't you guys like about the Stray record, or their sound in general? Do you like other bands in the same vein?

8. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Haven't listened yet. For me they peaked on Rising Sun. Since then they keep rehashing this RATM-core sound... I like Evil Empire too but give it a rest.

redwing91007 likes this.
  9. nemotheemofish

I checked out a little bit of Four Year Strong, not that I've been into them much since their first few albums. More importantly, check out Small Circle - Cynical. Anything Cam is involved in is excellent.

10. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

For me, I think the sound of the record is cool for getting amped up.. I just think the lyrics are often kind of unintelligent at times.
    I agree with a lot of what is said, it just comes across as untactful and like an internet activist. It also rubs me a bit of the wrong way that last time I saw them live, they preached a ton of hate (against cops in a blanket statement) and now they have lines like "If you preach hate, then expect hate."
    All that being said, I'll be listening to this at the gym ;)

redwing91007 likes this.
  11. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I just feel like it's poorly executed, and the lyrics feel really juvenile. I agree with their messages (disclaimer that I'm not super well versed so if they have some really dumb shit then my bad) but it feels like pre-school when compared to bands like Enter Shikari

12. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

I highly recommend Such Gold's new EP. "Stained Glass Brain" is a trip. Fitting title ha.

13. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I listened to it twice yesterday and I just haven't been feeling it like their past material.

14. dastly75

Don't sleep on Quiet Company's new EP!