Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Sep. 30th, 2016 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 30, 2016.

1. latortuga

Regular

Regina
    Yellowcard

probably will check out Microwave as well

semi-related: I apparently ran into the album limit on spotify today which I did not know about and am now considering switching...why do I pay you???

2. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

You can only have 10,000 songs under My Library > Songs. I ran into this and I didn't understand because I had plenty of space left on my phone. You have to unsave some songs / albums to be able to add more.

AFAIK, Apple Music also has a song limit... don't quote me on that, I vaguely remember being told that but I never checked into it.

3. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Still haven't hit mine but I've known about this for a while. I just go back every once and a while and remove things I never listen to. If for any reason I want them again it's super easy to find it anyways.

4. latortuga

Regular

Yeah I found that after googling, crazy. I can unsave some stuff but it's a little disappointing that I even have to.

5. xenoabe

Regular

That's why i just add stuff to playlists and use that as access to albums. It gets around their limit and works relatively well.

6. the new Fenix TX EP came out today too

Chase Tremaine and doubledribble like this.
  7. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

Some great releases but the surprise new Tycho album is all that really matters to me today.

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

What a week. Yellowcard and Bon Iver are two massive releases.

9. backbynewyears

Yeah I had no idea until someone posted about it on here! They never disappoint.

10. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Just finished the Yellowcard first listen. I enjoyed it but having never been a die-hard YC fan it didn't hit me in the feels and probably won't get heavy rotation. Definitely a good record though. Just started Microwave and I'm really liking it, will most likely be my favorite of the week. All the singles are bangers.

11. crotheian

New S U R V I V E album is fantastic. I love that members of this group composed the Stranger Things soundtrack. Also, Yellowcard, Tycho, Bon Iver, Microwave, Tricky - The Obia EP.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  12. doubledribble

Regular

Damn how did I miss that!? Thanks!

13. doubledribble

Regular

I am absolutely loving this new Mowgli's album, also. It is so catchy and fun.

14. atlas

Trusted

Banks is perfect

15. sayitaintjoe

The new Tycho record is awesommeeeee

16. obermann512

Did anyone else want to start crying during Yellowcard's "Fields & Fences" or was it just me

17. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I had no idea Tycho had a new album coming out! Between that and Bon Iver, my weekend is booked solid.

18. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Bon Iver, Danny Brown, and Francis and the Starlight albums are awesome, Microwave and Yellowcard are OK. Hoping to check out Regina, Fenix TX, and a few others still today.

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

A lot of us haha. Check out the album thread!

20. If everyone here doesn't listen to that Microwave album I'm going to throw something.* It's so good.

*This is clearly facetious but seriously, give it a listen.

redwing91007 likes this.
  21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Bon Iver
    Danny Brown
    Moses Sumney
    S U R V I V E
    Solange
    Microwave
    Oathbreaker
    Yellowcard
    Tycho

22. Interesting! I'll possibly give it a full listen--checked out clips, though, and it sounds pretty good (if perhaps lower production quality than Ghost Upon the Earth and I Am Mountain).

I'm not sure what you care about the religious aspect of Gungor's music, but from the lyrics I caught from the song samples, the philosophy in these songs corresponds point-for-point with the worldview a friend of mine shared with me two weekends ago. We had hours and hours of conversations about the Ego, about how all religions point toward different explanations of the same enlightenment experience, about Buddhist-style meditation, and about how "god" is really found in the essence of all humans and all life and all substance coming in union together--which essentially boils down to pantheism. I disagree pretty starkly with most of those points, although my friend was able to tie some Christian ideas or parallels into his understanding of things. I could go on and on about these viewpoints and different contradictions I see, but my reason for bringing it up is simply how interesting it is to see these same viewpoints disbursed in the music of a band that falls under the Christian rock/CCM umbrella.

23. I forgot to mention these earlier, but I'm also stoked to check out Big Jesus' debut and the new Danny Brown. Also super stoked that a surprise Tycho album just dropped from the heavens!

24. New Wolves at the Gate song today, too!

What a day. What a day.