Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Sep. 2nd, 2016 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Agreed about CEG, stoked to see them play next weekend. The Cass album has some great tracks but it dragged at times

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Ceres is great. Signals Midwest is solid pop punk without being corny. Checking out a day to remember and athletics

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Really excited to give Chris Farren and Cymbals Eat Guitars a listen.

Also wish I could find a place to stream that new Joe McMahon record (or pick it up digitally). Looks like SmartPunk dropped the ball on that one, though... Might cave and just pick up the CD.

4. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Well I'm completely over Of Mice & Men, that single sucked

5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

As if the last OM&M album wasn't bad enough... This is easily the worst album I've heard all year. It's awful in every way.

Amber likes this.
  6. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I've heard the new ADTR was underwhelming and the singles they released were hit or miss for me. I wish they'd play more than Paranoia live on the Blink tour but it is what it is.

7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Isaiah Rashad and Angel Olsen are the two I'm most excited to listen to. Will check out a bunch of others too. Zomby and Eluvium could both be good.

8. BigMouth Sep 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 2, 2016)
    The Ceres album is really good, the ADTR album ranges from mediocre to laughably bad (although the b-sides are surprisingly enjoyable, especially "In Florida"). I'm looking forward to Signals Midwest, I've always wanted to like them but it hasn't really clicked until their latest singles came out.

Update: The New Signals Midwest record fucking rules. Reminds me of Annabel's record last year with a little more roughness to the vocals.

9. PMD16

Is the new Cymbals Eat Guitars Apple only? Not seeing it on Spotify.

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

not on apple either, comes out next week

11. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Just got ADTR from Best Buy. I'm really enjoying it and for them to put out arguably their heaviest album yet at their current level of popularity is pretty cool. Hope it does well.

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Enjoyed that a lot, thanks for sharing

13. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

That I The Mighty EP is so much fun. It's songs from their last album, Connector, redone in differing musical styles. Not just acoustic stuff, but like a cappella and Broadway/show tune style.

Band is awesome whether they're doing their rock/post-hardcore thing or these other styles. I already really liked 'em, this just showed so much more.

14. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I didn't know signals Midwest had a new one out, that's awesome

teebs41 likes this.
  15. Yeah I'm loving the EP a whole lot