Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Sep. 2nd, 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Isaiah Rashad - The Sun's Tirade is really good.

I've only listened to it once so far but I was a bit underwhelmed by the ADTR album.

3. bloodinthesand

Regular

ADTR is starting off strong...#1 on iTunes as of now...how pissed would victory be if they scored a billboard #1

If they can hold off Brittany Spears, it might be possible

Amber likes this.
  4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The new Cymbals Eat Guitars record is pretty good. Also heard great things about Angel Olsen and Cass McCombs, so I'll probably check those out. And Chris Farren's opening set for Brian Fallon was solid, so I'll give his record a listen too.

5. Eric

Regular

Cymbals Eat Guitars doesn't come out till the 16?

Halfway through Chris Farren and I love it. Probably gonna check out ADTR later

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That would be great for them! I didn't care for the songs they released. I'll have to give the full album a spin today.

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

An athletics EP came out today too, very good stuff.

Bartek T. and slickdtc like this.
  8. Frinet42

Regular Supporter

Angel Olsen! Shut Up Kiss Me is such a jam, stoked to hear the rest.

9. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Listen to Ceres.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. bloodinthesand

Regular

The album surely is a grower....I thought some of it was bland and boring at first, but it has totally caught on now

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Definitely an ADTR day for me. Been listening on Spotify and I'll pick up my pre-order vinyl copy from HMV at lunch. Not overly interesting for me but I'll check out the new All Time Low track at some point.

12. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Listening to the ADTR record now, pretty boring. But I do hope it sells well, just to spite Victory.

I saw The Wedding Gift and it made me excited for The Wedding, which then spiraled into Letterkills. Now I want a new Letterkills album, or anything from him really.

morken and Colby Searcy like this.
  13. goation

Regular

I'm really digging the new ADTR album. It's really pleasing to the ears to have a well-produced metalcore record. It makes some of the generic parts of the songs still very fun to listen to. I will be using this as my workout record for the next few weeks.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Not much today at all. I think Angel Olsen is the only thing on my radar so far. It's the calm before the storm...

15. Cody Butler

Regular

Lots of good stuff today.

James Vincent McMorrow - We Move
    Nils Petter Molvaer - Buoyancy (soft Jazz)
    Charlotte Day Wilson - CDW EP
    SVVAMP - SVVAMP (awesome 70's style Blues Rock)
    The Frightnrs - Nothing More To Say (awesome 60's style Reggae)
    Y La Bamba - Ojos Del Sol (Hispanic, Indie Rock)

16. I totally forgot about Signals Midwest! There's also the new I the Mighty EP today

slickdtc, latortuga and teebs41 like this.
  17. Britney Spears? ADTR will have no problem beating Britney's SECOND week of sales. I'm just hoping Drake doesn't keep getting in the way with his streaming-album-equivalents.

Amber likes this.
  18. Slampiece

@haysanchez

New Isaiah Rashad is amazing. Travis Scott is supposed to be coming out today as well.

19. Mattww

Regular

Second this, the EP is great. Also parkwood released an EP today called selfish, it's on bandcamp as pay what you want. Liking what I've heard so far. Kinda emo, post-rock sounding guitars.

20. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

adr is pretty dam solid... might get over it real quick tho

21. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Fixing to check out A Day To Remember. Also for anyone that cares, it looks like the new Of Mice & Men album is streaming a week early on Apple Music.

22. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

There's a few great singles out though.

SOHN
    MuteMath
    Sylvan Esso

23. bloodinthesand

Regular

Holy shit, the new of mice and men and terrible....The vocals are so cringe worthy...Not sure what David Bendeth was thinking

24. adozenroses

That new la flame album better drop today or I'm gonna lose it. The birds need to sing!!!!

25. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Plan on giving it a listen later this morning, but yeah, unfortunately I don't have a lot of high expectations going into it..