Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Sep. 21st, 2018 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 21, 2018.

1. jdr2187

jdr2187

Mountain Man
    The Sha La Das
    Richard Swift
    Amy Helm

2. bloodinthesand

Regular

The Story So Far is so so good. This album is going to be huge!!!!

3. bloodinthesand

Regular

I have spun it at least 30 times already

CMilliken and parkerxcore like this.
  4. CheapPop

Regular

The new Story So Far is great, definitely their best album to date. A lot of stuff to listen to this weekend.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

I think some folks on here would like the new Horror My Friend album. some grungy punk from Australia.

6. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Night Birds - Roll Credits...Fat Wreck Chords punk band and it's fantastic.

7. Amanda A. Sep 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2018)
    Amanda A.

Los Angeles Supporter

Looking forward to checking out the new Brockhampton, Joyce Manor, Liars and Metric. I haven't been into Metric's releases for a few years but I'm hopeful!

Edit: Anyone else left wanting more after that Joyce Manor album? Underwhelming.

8. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Sumac all day

elemenohpe and Nate_Johnson like this.
  9. I usually post the individual songs I think are worth sharing in the main news throughout the day. You'd be able to catch up on just the new music, reverse chronologically, at the music tag page:

Music • chorus.fm

Since I can prepare and schedule the new album post on Thursday during the day, because I usually know what's out on Friday, that's easy to do. But harder to know what singles will be out on Friday until the next day, so I try and get those up throughout the day.

Dog Fish likes this.
  10. Story So Far has never done anything for me, but the opening track has me very impressed and potentially hooked.

11. This has been out for months, but it's my favorite track they've ever done. I'm not too crazy about any of their full-lengths yet, but this gets me optimistic for the future.

crunchprank likes this.
  12. Dog Fish

Mutt

But like, can you just put them all in a single thread for me once a week? I'm ok with a saturday post. That would be much easier. K thnx.

13. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I think that's kind of what this thread is for. Between the albums that are listed in the first post, spotify new music playlist, and the comments in this thread, it's pretty comprehensive.

Dog Fish and Jason Tate like this.
  14. Cody Butler

Regular

Actually surprised Avenged Sevenfold hasn’t gotten a single mention.

It’s just meh for anyone interested.

15. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

You have got to listen to the Kids album that came out. I totally get you on the previous full lengths, there were a lot of hit and miss tracks for sure. But this one has 9 solid tracks all the way through.

16. kaeru

pillbugpdx Supporter

Brockhampton, Milo, and Lupe Fiasco's new albums are all fantastic. It's definitely a hip-hop day for me.

Edit: THOSE TWO NEW MICROWAVE SONGS ARE AMAZING. Love those guys.

17. Ohhhh there is a full album! I thought you were just saying that the single's out. I'll definitely listen and let you know what I think!

crunchprank likes this.
  18. Unfortunately, I just thought this was fine. Nothing better than "Lost Boy." To me, it felt like a puffed up EP, 3-4 real songs surrounded by extra sound clips. :worried:

crunchprank likes this.
  19. Spenny

Regular

Christine and the Queens, Metric, St. Lucia, Brockhampton, The Story So Far... great release day.

20. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Noooo ah well, to each their own :-) I'm really loving it!

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  21. I don't see anyone mentioning Bad Moves, and I highly recommend checking them out for fans of Charly Bliss, Rozwell Kid, and the like. Really good powerpop/pop pop/indie rock!!