Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Sep. 20th, 2019 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 19, 2019.

1. JM95

Trusted

All about the fantastic Cult Of Luna today.

I listened to like three Blink songs and then realised I only have one life and wasting more time listening to Mark Hoppus isn't worth it, even if there were a few decent songs coming up.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. AMC

Regular

I see blink released a few lyric videos of new songs. They going to singles or what?

3. Finchkid716

You missed As I Lay Dying’s “Shaped by Fire.”

4. I value this mixture of honesty and cynicism.

Also, checking CoL now, really enjoying thus far.

JM95 likes this.
  5. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’m gonna venture to say it wasn’t missed, just voluntarily left out.

6. delvec19

Trusted

Sounds nothing like what I loved on Saturdays or Hurry Up. I like a few off of Junk, but nothing else.

7. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Only thing bothering me is I really wish they wouldn't have put the attempted murder so forward in the mix

I didnt actually listen to this garbage, fuck this band and anyone supporting them at this point

8. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

My Album of the Year thus far was released today and if isn't mentioned yet in this thread by anyone?!

SELFISH THINGS - LOGOS

dastly75 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  9. bodkins

Trusted

Blink was an enjoyable enough listen, but this Brittany Howard record is a damn masterpiece.

10. Freezon

Regular

Unreal album

11. Good guess.

12. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

When the Spotify bio of the band the remaining members formed opens with "Formed in 2013 by the instrumental section of metalcore giants As I Lay Dying after that group's lead singer was sentenced to six years in prison for the attempting to enlist a hit man to off his estranged wife..." it highlights why they shouldn't have chosen to reform with him...and that they should have used a different copy editor that wouldn't have permitted attempted murder be described as "to off".

13. Spenny

Regular

Brittany Howard, M83, Tove Lo and a metric ton of singles. Good release week.

14. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

You're a POS if you still support this band.

333 GANG, elemenohpe and tyramail like this.
  15. Finchkid716

?

16. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

17. Cody Butler

Regular

From Indian Lakes put out a 4 track EP of stuff off the upcoming record (I think only 1 new song?) and it’s obviously solid if you’re into them (as you should be).

18. Finchkid716

Oh my. I just looked this up. Dang, dude.

tyramail likes this.
  19. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

russvanderhoof and Colby Searcy like this.
  20. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

And Hell Followed With

21. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Having now listened to the new blink record a couple of times, I have to say that I think this is a lot better than California. I never really loved that album because it almost felt like they were trying to make an old type blink record but just sub in Matt for Tom and it didn't really have an identity.

The new album is better on so many levels and you can really hear and feel the Matt influence and it works so well. They found their sound with this current lineup. This one will definitly be a record I go back to, unlike California.

333 GANG likes this.