Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Sep. 16th, 2016 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 16, 2016.

1. MikeC18

I can't wait to check out Bad Suns new one. Their last album was so damn good.

Excited about TBS, and Touche as well.

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

After a few listens on Spotify can't wait to buy TBS today and drive around listening to it.

3. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

For some reason I did't realize there were two more songs to it but the new Turnstile EP is out in full today as well. Also loving TBS so far. Gonna definitely pick the tour variant of the vinyl up when I see them in a couple weeks.

4. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

This is going to be the album that really gets me into Touché. Really enjoying it so far and they are hitting Montreal in October so it will get a lot of play time.

5. jakeryandesigns

I'm already on my fourth listen of the new Touche Amore. I can't handle how perfect this album is.

redwing91007 likes this.
  6. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Colony House postponed til early 2017, unfortunately.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  7. MattNCheeze

Trusted

I haven't listened to new TBS yet but its so great to see *what appears* to be a much more positive reaction to this record then the previous two

Did they get over their slump?

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for the heads up. That's unfortunate. I made a note a while back in my own albums to watch out for and must not have seen the news that it got delayed!

9. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

Fenech Soler (indie dance)
    TBS
    Bad Suns

10. efp722

Regular

its been a slow and steady climb, but yes. I think they have.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  11. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I'll be the TBS Debbie Downer. It's not awful... maybe i'm just not ready to forgive them for the 3-4 records of shit they've dragged me through.

12. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Halfway through TBS and it's ok. After Touché and Against Me! though it's a very distant third, maybe it will grow on me.

13. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Didn't Fenech Soler come out with something late last year too? Quick turnaround -- I like that. I'll have to check it out!

14. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

WTF why has the Phantogram album been delayed until Oct 7th. It was supposed to come out today...what happened. Anyone know?

CMilliken likes this.
  15. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Shape-Shift is crazy fucking good. Love the themes of the album, and Laura and Atom just owned the stage at Riot Fest. On a random note, forgot how much I absolutely love "White People for Peace". Ah, high school daze.

JRGComedy likes this.
  16. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

And will check out TBS, but I always have the same reaction. "Cool, I guess." Loved Louder Now in high school, made junior year for me. And Spee should take Adam's place, I'm dead serious. He was awesome when Adam missed shows.

17. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Just do it already.

18. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

According to my friend, Sarah said there were some "mastering issues" or something. But don't take my word for it, that doesn't seem right.

19. relientcasey

Regular

One of my favorite local bands (RVA) put out a new EP. I think it's definitely worth checking out, at the very least for this track. Great hook. I'm not really sure who to quite compare them to. Maybe Microwave meets Have Mercy meets more traditional pop punk?

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

New TBS and TA are both stunning. Good day today.

21. Butinsmallsteps

Regular

The new Against Me! Album is soooooooo good. I honestly can't stop listening to it

22. BigMouth Sep 16, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 16, 2016)
    Bad Suns, TBS, and Touche Amore all kill it. I do not like that Against Me record at all, very disappointed because I loved TDB :( I've still got to listen to Dawes, Mac Miller, and Cymbals Eat Guitars.

Edit: On a second listen, I realized that I just really hate the opener on Shape Shift With Me, there is some good stuff on the rest of the album. Still, though, it lacks that urgency that TDB had and will probably not get a lot of spins from me.

23. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

Honestly I'm having a tough time gauging other peoples reactions. I loved Happiness Is and the new one continues that development for me just with a few more standouts. But i've seen a lot of people say they didn't enjoy Happiness but do this one so I guess it's kind hard to predict based on opinions of previous TBS work.

I KNOW. I've literally had this and TBS on a loop. I cant remember the last time I got into two new releases as instantly as these. Normally I wait until the dust settles and slowly grow into albums (Transgender Dysphoria Blues, I didn't pick up until it started appearing on AOTY and I've always been into against me since Cowboys)

24. StevenW92

Regular

AlunaGeorge
    Touché Amoré
    Preoccupations

25. Colony House!