Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Sep. 16th, 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

2. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

Against me and Tbs are getting thumbs up.

Need to check out CEG as they've been getting a lot of love on here. And of course Touché Amore.

3. skoopy

Regular

Another good day, and I'm not halfway caught up with last week's releases.

There's a number of good releases listed. Also releasing today is Kishi Bashi's excellent new album Sonderlust.

4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Both Against Me! and Touché Amoré are really good. I'll also check out Knocked Loose and TBS at some point.

5. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

In case anyone is ignoring the Cymbals Eat Guitars album because they didn't care for their previous ones...don't. It's a real good time.

ConArdist likes this.
  6. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Pleasantly surprised with the new TBS album. Don't know if it'll have any lasting value though. Still have Against Me!, Bad Suns, Cymbals Eat Guitars, Touche Amore and Young Guns to check out this weekend.

7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Dawes is the top pick for me today.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  8. Tons of great stuff today. My band Sister City also released our album this week. Check us out if you're a fan of The Hotelier, Weatherbox, Gatsbys American Dream (it was mixed by Casey Bates), or other wordy indie rock/punk things!

John Zafran and Chase Tremaine like this.
  9. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Some really good stuff.

My list today:
    AlunaGeorge
    Royal Canoe
    Kishi Bashi
    Bad Suns
    Keaton Henson
    Dawes
    Touché
    Preoccupations

Essie and Chase Tremaine like this.
  10. Dawes, Kishi Bashi and Against Me are all really good. Excited to hear Usher, Taking Back Sunday, and Touche.

11. I second its excellence.

12. efp722

Regular

Call me crazy, but I think this might be TBS's best since WYWTB.

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I need to listen to the new TBS album before I see them tonight. I am hearing good things.

14. Brohio!

TBS, so far so good. Checking out Mac Miller as well.

15. jorbjorb

7 rings

didn't think i would like touche amore since i didn't like their past stuff but this new album is pretty sweet

16. redwing91007 Sep 16, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 16, 2016)
    redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Such a good week for me but I'm going to have to put off listening to most of it until next week :( Already listened to a few of these that were streaming in advance though. Seeing Against Me! next Wednesday so I'll be spinning it hard.

Super excited for:
    Against Me! – Shape Shift With Me
    Taking Back Sunday – Tidal Wave
    Touche Amore – Stage Four

Will check out:
    Elephant Stone – Ship Of Fools

Edit: Few were left out of Jason's list
    Knocked Loose - Laugh Tracks
    Chvrches - Spotify Sessions
    Dead Tired - Vol. One

17. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Didn't know Against Me! was dropping today. Definitely will listen.

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I can't keep up with all the releases lately! Listened "Stage Four" twice alreadyu though, it's really great! TBS tonight I guess, bit I still have some last week's premieres to get through ;s

19. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

A lot of good stuff today. Taking Back Sunday, Touche Amore, Bad Suns, Colony House, Amanda Shires, and Young Guns.

20. goation

Regular

I really want to listen to the new Taking Back Sunday, but I'm trying to wait for my physical copy. It's so hard seeing it available in my apple music but not listening to it!

21. noKings

Regular

Too much

22. MattNCheeze

Trusted

New Bad Suns is stupid fucking good. Makes me want to dance at my desk.

Don't forget about the Turnstile EP if you people are in to that kind of thing.

JRGComedy and redwing91007 like this.
  23. ianzandi

Regular

Surprised there isn't more Bad Suns love here.

Also, CEG, TBS, Dawes, Cappa, Against Me.

New Eisley and Saint Motel singles are

24. CMilliken

Trusted

So much to check out today! Listening to TBS right now and really like it. Touché Amoré next. Then I'll probably check out Bad Suns and Cymbals Eat Guitars.

25. CMilliken

Trusted

Really enjoying it myself. I'll have to listen to it a few times before I can say if I agree with you or not but so far it's awesome.

efp722 likes this.