Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Sep. 15th, 2017 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Cody Butler

Regular

I had no idea Frightened Rabbits had an EP coming out! Thank you for that!

fenway89 likes this.
  2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

You must live a very sheltered life then.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  3. efp722

Regular

Yeah that's the general impression I picked up over the summer; i just don't recall there ever being official word on who was appearing on it. I only mentioned McCartney since Dave went into a 5 minute story about how they got him to do and what it was like writing a Foo song with him. For me, it's definitely a standout track. I'd really like to hear Taylor sing more on Foo albums.

4. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

I'll check out the Foos eventually, also adding Seaway to the list. Seeing them in a month or so, gotta learn the new jams haha.

Seeing Stray From The Path, Comeback Kid, Counterparts and Gideon tonight so they will dominate my Friday listening.

thenewtypetheory and DejaMoi like this.
  5. Prophets of Rage album any good?

6. bloodinthesand

Regular

New Foo Fighters is awesome
    Seaway
    Contortionist
    Vattnet
    New Story so far song is off the chain

fenway89 and DejaMoi like this.
  7. bloodinthesand

Regular

Not as good as I had hoped

8. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

The new Vattnet s/t album gets my absolute highest recommendation for the week. They used to be a post-black metal band, but their new one is a post-hardcore album (riyl Coheed and Circa), that still keeps the black metal influence. Jaw dropping album, top 5 of the year so far for me.

elemenohpe and Chase Tremaine like this.
  9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Stand Atlantic for me. Reminds me a bit of old Paramore.

10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

New Foo Fighters is great! If anyone is interested, they posted this video on Facebook on how they made the record. Dave is so interesting to listen to.

fenway89 likes this.
  11. Dog Fish

Mutt

Why is this thread title still "Albums in Stores?" Wonder if it will ever change to a more 'streaming" friendly title.

No big deal. No one likely cares.

12. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Haven't heard the new Foo yet, but the HWM album is almost absolute garbage. I am a huge Ship Thieves fan, as well as the vast majority of Chris' HWM songs, so I was super bummed that he only takes lead on like 3 songs, and they aren't very good. For some reason this album just makes me remember how disappointed I was the first time I heard LTJ's "In With the Out Crowd." There were a couple Chuck tracks on the back half that I thought stood out as good tunes, but overall.... Yuck.

13. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

didn't realize the petal EP is out today, excited.

myrkur, partner, hundred waters are all i added, sadly. mediocre week but it gets very busy in the next few months

14. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

Having spun it a few times over now. I would personally say its garbage. It's definitely not up to their usually high standards. I all down for the straight up rock approach (they're not kids anymore after all), i just am not hearing the songwriting. They've toned down their instrumentation and the vocal melodies aren't really there to make up for it. It's a shame because I absolutely dug Complicated, Never Going Back and Vultures. I can see myself listening to it for a couple of weeks but after that i'll just end up either going back to my same old HWM playlists or any of their earlier albums.

I never really bothered to listen to In With The Out Crowd when it came out. I hated Overrated that much I just had no interest in listening to it. Mind you I've not paid great attention to any Less Than Jake post Borders and Boundaries. I'd say there are about 3 songs from memory I can listen to from that album.

Lots of positive stuff on here about the new Story So Far. Will listen to it but I just can't get down with Parker Cannon's jock punk thing. The first Story So Far album was great but at the same time I think it along with Four Year Strong and Set Your Goals were almost too good that today every pop-punk band is just a poor cover version of them in head. I'm also not comfortable with all of the slut shaming going on in Story So Far songs. I guess that's more a measure of me being a better person to who I was maybe 5 years back though

15. NEW CRAIG DAVID SINGLE

New album announced for January 26. His last album, Following My Intuition, was pop perfection, and it came out less than a year ago, wildly enough.

16. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Seaway

17. CMilliken

Trusted

Foo Fighters and Angus and Julia for me.

18. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Opening moments of the Emily Haines record put me in a mood of enlightenment I haven't felt in months...good stuff.

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  19. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

This used to get me all the time from 2004-2008, let's hope you're right.

20. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

I wasnt aware he even was a thing. Other than performing the odd performance of Rewind for drunk British people in Ibiza

21. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

New Elliott Brood today, really solid upbeat folky band from Canada. Highly recommended if you're into that type of thing

22. Thank you!! I was wanting to check this out! I'm three songs in now and loving it.

23. hahaha yeah, he was a one hit wonder as far as America is concerned, but last year's album was a huge success that put him back on the map.

Wait -- I just checked and you live in the UK. This guy has had, like, five huge singles over the past year and a half! hahaha

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

New Seaway is decent. Might be a grower for me.

Might check out Foo Fighters.

25. devenstonow

Noobie

Hot Water Music
    Seaway

the new Story So Far track is really good. this is a band I've done a complete 180 on over the past few years