Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Sep. 13th, 2019 • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Haha, I was going to say this same thing but it looks like there’s no album thread for it. It took until Memento, but suddenly all I could hear was Anthony Green’s voice

2. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Pine & Microwave

3. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Infant Annihilator dropped on 9/11... very good deathcore record.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  4. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Listening to the new Cold album because I had no idea they were still around and wondered what they would sound like in 2019 and they did a fucking cover of Snow Patrol’s “Run” that sounds hilarious to me (the song doesn’t sound hilarious, just the idea of a “metal” band I adored in middle school covering a Snow Patrol song I also loved in early high school(?) in fucking 2019).

What a time to be alive.

5. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Just hearing about the unreleased REM song now!!!

Mary V likes this.
  6. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I don’t consider them the same band anymore. New stuff sounds like material from Scooters short lived side project, not Cold.

7. grimis16

Regular

So many people picking up that Microwave album...but after listening, how do you feel about it? Not a fan of the change.

8. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

It's a change from Much Love, but doesn't feel as far removed from Stovell, so although I probably wouldn't want all future albums to sound like this, I really like it, and figure they may very well change on the next one too.

CMilliken likes this.
  9. grimis16

Regular

Carry and Part of It sounds like it's taken off of Much Love. I kinda wish these weren't even on this album because it makes me wish the rest of the album sounded like this. : l

Maybe it's a hint that they will go back to this sound?