Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Oct. 26th, 2018 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 26, 2018.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

boygenius but had no idea about Direct Hit or Shad so need both of those

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Anyone who's ever enjoyed a Chris Stapleton album should listen to this Dillon Carmichael LP. Really loved my first listen to that one.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  3. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Neither. Musically it's nothing they've ever done before. Little pieces of In Reverie, some music similar to S/T, the final track (best one of the album.. 21 minutes of awesome) is a mix of Daybreak and In Reverie. This is a much more "rock and roll" album than anything they've done before. It's a fun album. Can't stop listening!

4. efp722

Regular

Saves the Day is rough one. ouch.

Furman likes this.
  5. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Apple Music has it as all 3 individual artists with it being called Boygenius EP...is that not correct? Is the actual group called Boygenius?

6. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I unfortunately agree...had high hopes for this one, couldn't get past the first 2 tracks.

marsupial jones and Furman like this.
  7. whitenblue88 Oct 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 26, 2018)
    whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Boygenius
    Robyn
    Nicole Dollanganger
    The Struts
    Hush Kids
    The Blue Stones
    Nao

8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Pretty sure it's a requirement of saves the day to only release albums that divide fans.

9. SoCoWilderNeSs

Regular Supporter

Stand Atlantic album is super catchy and fun. Really digging it.

10. Saves The Day
    Robyn
    Boygenius
    the new AFI single
    John Legend
    Kelsea Ballerini deluxe album

11. Orla Oct 26, 2018
    Orla

little old lady Prestigious

boygenius – boygenius EP
    Miya Folick – Premonitions
    Say Lou Lou – Imortelle
    Shad – A Short Story About A War
    Super Unison – Stella

EDIT: Holy shit, a new The Ting Tings record. Nice.

12. jdr2187

jdr2187

Agree, this sounded really good on first listen.

About 2 years back I went to see Parker Milsap and John Moreland as part of the Americana festival. It was a Thursday night I believe and Milsap went on at 10, Moreland went on at 11, and Carmichael came on at midnight. The place was packed front to back for the first 2 and by the time Carmichael walked on stage there was literally about 30 people left in the room. I had never heard of the guy at the time but I felt horrible for him, I ended up leaving too bc of how late it was, but now I wish I hadn’t. I read recently about how much he struggled and almost gave up. Glad to see he is finding success now.

13. marissalg Oct 26, 2018
    marissalg

Trusted

Listening to Saves the Day now, gonna check out Antarctigo Vespucci, and boygenius. after that!

Decided to check out Stand Atlantic too and it’s so catchy. I’m a fan.

Dan O'Neill and Essie like this.
  14. Mattww

Regular

No worries it's on Apple music - called summer singles ep

15. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Shad and Antarctico Vespucci for me.

I'd add, I've been enjoying the second season of Shad's Hip Hop Evolution. I was pretty familiar with the stories of the first season, but I've found the second season to get into less familiar (to me) territory.

16. Craig Manning

Oof, that's rough, but not surprising. I look at the schedules for Americana Fest and wonder how any of those artists with late slots draw crowds unless they are big or buzzy names.

17. dotKev

@dotkevin

I had to go to the Phoebe Bridgers artist page on Apple Music to get the full EP. The boygenius artist page did not have it.

18. jdr2187

jdr2187

Yeah the way they structure some of those showcases are pretty questionable.

19. Dan O'Neill

Regular

20. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  21. Tim Fitzpatrick

If you're sleeping on the new Antarctigo Vesupucci record you're fuckin' up.

22. Craig Manning

It's a shame, because otherwise it seems like a really cool thing. I've never been, because I don't live anywhere close, but I'd be more interested in making the trip for it than I would for any other type of music "festival."

23. The Format

Regular

Daughters

KidLightning likes this.
  24. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Normandie - White Flag

25. moura

Regular

The minute I listened to "Side By Side" I think I felt I wasn't into it... I really have enjoyed diving back to albums like In Reverie and even the self-titled I just never got around to listening when it was released 5 years ago, so I was welcoming a new album...