Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Oct. 25th, 2019 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 25, 2019.

1. mikeyoperocia

VIS released a new one today. FFO: Circa Survive, Hail the Sun, swancore, etc.

disambigujason likes this.
  2. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Good rec!

Had a bitch of a time finding them on Spotify, so here’s a quick link to their artist page for anyone else who wants to check them out:

mikeyoperocia likes this.
  3. thechetearly

Regular

Kanye West's record is out now, and it is fuuuucking ridiculous.

4. Listening through these right now. Hadn't heard of Great Grandpa before, but the singer sounds super familiar to me -- do you know if she's had any other projects?

trevorshmevor likes this.
  5. Not that I’m aware of, but it’s funny that you say that because someone else I know said the same thing to me today! Must just be one of those instantly familiar voices for a lot of people hahah

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. kaeru

pillbugpdx Supporter

Haven't seen anyone mention the new Keaton Henson album, Six Lethargies, is out today. It's quite a beautiful experience, and I recommend checking it out if you have time to sit and listen to the whole thing.

7. bloodinthesand

Regular

Alcest-if you ever wanted to know how deafheaven got their sound, listen to this band

8. bloodinthesand

Regular

New Norma Jean and fit for an Autopsy are incredible

BEsterley and Chase Tremaine like this.
  9. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Norma Jean

BEsterley likes this.
  10. Albe

i'm hearing as tall as lions & the dear hunter. thanks for the recommendation!

mikeyoperocia likes this.
  11. Yooooooo mucho gracias -- Konradsen and Locket (neither of whom I'd heard of before) ended up being my favorite surprises of the week!!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. Oh word! Happy to help haha. Locket’s been around for a little bit, but until this year they were called Safe To Say. Maybe that’ll ring a bell! I actually wasn’t able to get to the Konradsen record until last night, and couldn’t finish it cause I had to leave the house. Will jump back in tonight for sure though — what I got to hear what beautiful

13. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Yup. Members in Like Pacific and Heavy Hearts. Ontario, Canada band(s), also strong relations with Seaway from the same area. Safe to Say had a split with Seaway, which was very good IMO.

Not a bad little scene they’ve got up there.

trevorshmevor and Chase Tremaine like this.
  14. @slickdtc funny, don't believe I've ever listened to Safe to Say, Like Pacific, Heavy Hearts, OR Seaway (although LP and Seaway sound vaguely familiar). Anywho, I'm super happy to now have Locket in my life! I've jammed the album 2-3 times already

slickdtc and trevorshmevor like this.
  15. Haha, I’ve actually never listened to any of those other bands either! Maybe next week I’ll have to pay the Ontario scene a little visit through Spotify.

Chase Tremaine and slickdtc like this.
  16. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I'm really struggling with this album. The lyrics are really heavy-handed. Like beat you over the head with the message. I'm agnostic/deist if anything, but I have nothing against Christian music or symbolism. But I also musically like this better than anything Kanye has released in years. There's only one track that I just absolutely had to skip (Water) because every 4th word being "Jesus" was just annoying.

thechetearly likes this.
  17. AMC

Regular

After a bunch of spins. I actually love this album now.

18. thechetearly

Regular

Yes to heavy-handed, but also yes to just being objectively absolute shit. Dude has lost his sauce.

19. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

That's the thing for me, as someone who grew up Christian, and like plenty of christian bands (at least from the scene, maybe not in the most traditional sense), the lyrics are just so basic, heavy-handed and preachy. And there's something incredibly grating about Kanye of all people preaching about morality.

thechetearly likes this.