Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Oct. 21st, 2016 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 21, 2016.

1. ArsonHoliday

No sir, I don't like it

That new Planes Mistaken for Stars record has no business being as good as it is...especially coming from a band that has put nothing out in, what, 9 years? more??

Also the John K. Samson album is, to no one's surprise, most excellent. I love that dude's work. The fact that he concluded the Virtute the cat saga alone makes it worth a listen.

Barcara and Spencer Rhoton like this.
  2. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Rosenstock came out last week (and is an easy choice for my favorite album of 2016 so far!), but I'm pumped to listen to Jimmy Eat World and American Football after work.

October has been stellar for new music. :)

3. Oh shit that's awesome, jealous of that! But yeah haha my DITD vinyl finally came in a few weeks ago and I've been listening more than when it actually came out. The middle of summer really was not the right time for that record to be released haha.

4. BleedingDodgerBlue

Sleep on It is really good pop punk. Love the new vocalist.

5. CampfireColorado

Regular

Don't forget the new Sparrow Sleeps joint. I know my daughter and I are hyped for that!

6. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Yeah i agree. I'm thinking of picking it up on vinyl too but can't decide which variant I want. Which one did you go wirh? I'll prob hold off until i see them and then decide.

7. Mine was a preorder so it might not be available anymore, but it's half red half cream. Pretty cool looking!

DejaMoi likes this.
  8. dtbjerke

Regular Supporter

Thanks for recommending this! Listening to this my immediate thought was "Oh, THAT's where the former lead singer of Bonfires (Zech Pluister) went." I really dug the last Bonfires EP he sung on so I'm glad he's cranking out some pop-punk vocals again.

9. Loki

God of mischief

Dan Layus (ex-Augustana)
    Tom Chapin (ex-Keane)
    Jimmy
    American Football

Also picking up Relient K as today the CD version was finally released

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  10. Eric

Regular

I Prevail sticks out like a sore thumb here haha. Their EP was very unremarkable so I doubt I'll check out the album

11. BleedingDodgerBlue

I just checked out the track for 'Sparrow And Friends Start A Band!

1. We’re The Sparrow Sleeps Band (ft. Will Pugh of Cartel)
    2. I Want To Play! (ft. Will Pugh of Cartel)
    3. Shoe Tying Machine (ft. Nick Diener of The Swellers)
    4. Let’s Sing About Letters! (ft. Ace Enders of The Early November)
    5. Sharing Is Cool (ft. Joe Taylor of Knuckle Puck and Dan Lambton of Real Friends)
    6. Holding Hands (ft. Zech Pluister of Sleep On It)
    7. Make Some Noise (ft. Matt Pryor of The Get Up Kids)
    8. Air Guitar (ft. Ryan Key of Yellowcard)
    9. The Sugar Song (ft. Kailynn West of Tiny Stills and Tony Thaxton of Motion City Soundtrack)
    10. 10 (ft. Mike Herrera of MXPX)
    11. Two Minutes (ft. Nick Thompson of Hit The Lights)
    12. Sparrows Nest (ft. Aaron Marsh of Copeland)

Look at those top vocals!! I need to check this out.

12. chuwaay

Jimmy Eat World and Gaga...i listened to the I Prevail album. Not good on first listen. Scars is awesome tho.

13. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Great day today:

Night Riots
    Korn (best thing they've done since Untouchables in my opinion)
    Kevin Devine
    Jimmy Eat World
    American Football
    Wovenwar
    John K. Samson

Davjs likes this.
  14. Larry David

Thanks for letting me know, didn't realize new Wovenwar was out today

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  15. Larry David

Best thing in 15 years dude!

16. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Haha yeah they do. My music tastes can kinda be all over the place. I saw them this summer and was pretty impressed. They do generic metalcore in 2016 pretty damn well. Nothing I'll listen to over and over again but a fun album and I'd go see them if they came through.

Eric likes this.
  17. Davjs

Trusted

No way, Take A Look In The Mirror is awesome. Right Now, Counting On Me and Did My Time are classic Korn songs! Issues-Untouchables-TALITM is my favorite stint in their history.

18. entity13

This is not NIght Riots debut.....

19. MikeyFedorchuk

Woah, new John K Samson too? Where did that come from

20. Larry David

Follow the leader-issues-untouchables for me. Those three songs you listed are highlights on an otherwise average album in my opinion.

21. Frinet42

Regular Supporter

Did you listen to "pass the baby?" I think the furthest applicable word for that song would be unremarkable. Give it a few more spins, even on the more mellow midtempo songs there's some real sweet bass/rythm section grooves going on.

22. JM95

Trusted

I meant unremarkable in terms of quality.

23. Anberlinroxx

Civilian's new album 'You Don't Know What Privellage Costs' is one of the best albums I've ever heard. Check it out!

24. Barcara

Regular

Oh you're in for a treat. Also prepare yourself for another sad cat song.

ArsonHoliday likes this.
  25. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

It's their debut album. They've released EP's so far. Got a message this morning, making plans to work on a new song w/ Travis on guest vocals, so I can't wait to unleash it on the world! He really is one of my favorite singers, and I am so excited for this! :blush: