Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Oct. 11th, 2019 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 11, 2019.

1. dustman

Newbie Supporter

This Can’t Swim EP RIPSSSSS

2. underoath

She broke your throne and she cut your hair...

TDWP - great progression for them, will be an everyday listen

3. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

This A R I Z O N A album was a pleasant surprise!

tyramail likes this.
  4. Freezon

Regular

This one’s definitely darker and moodier than their previous albums but still pretty cool. Check out their other albums

5. not sure if this came out today or what, but there's apparently a new JYOCHO EP, and it's obviously amazing.

6. Mustache_Band

Cursive and Elbow so far.

7. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Definitely digging Big Thief but I am having the hardest time getting into this Can't Swim EP. The instrumentation is enjoyable but lyrics are weak.

8. Big Thief
    Bodega
    Kim Gordon!!!

9. 333 GANG

ACAB

Exactly what I came here to post

(But also TDWP, Can’t Swim, The Warriors for me this week)

10. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I know what you mean. You get excited about an older band releasing something, then it's not even the same group. I have that issue with Northstar too.

slickdtc likes this.
  11. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Happened very recently with Northstar for me too hahaha

CyberInferno and slickdtc like this.
  12. CyberInferno

So I have a confession... I’m actually enjoying this Waterparks album despite loathing the first two tracks that were released from it and being “meh” about “Dream Boy”.

@Jason Tate do you have anyone on staff who’s going to review this album, and if not, do you take non-staff reviews?

Colby Searcy and tyramail like this.
  13. Only if it’s a picture of a garbage can :crylaugh:

14. CyberInferno

Haha that’s what I figured your response would be. Highly Recommended review incoming tonight!

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I didn't hate it but don't see myself coming back to it. There were some very cringey songs on there that I'm surprised they even released them.

slickdtc and Nate_Johnson like this.
  16. CyberInferno

Yeah, it's something fun to put on in the car, but not something you actually want to sit down and listen to.

I completely agree about the cringe. I mean, Tantrum is one of the worst songs I've ever heard. And Waterparks manages to be more profane than most rappers (we don't need "fuck" 10x per song).

EDIT: I'm actually glad that I heard the singles before the album dropped, because "Cherry Red" is a very solid intro track, and I might have actually gotten my hopes up hearing it.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Same here. I really liked their EP’s and Double Dare was a good full album, but everything since has been forgettable or downright bad. They totally lost the something special they had when they started out. I had high hopes for them but they seem to have gotten more and more generic-sounding since.

Colby Searcy likes this.