Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Nov. 4th, 2016 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

It absolutely is.

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  2. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Honeyblood, Hundreds, and Sims—oh my!

3. brphelps

Waterparks Double Dare is a fun spin. Would also recommend checking out Badflower Temper EP

ramomcferno likes this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Can confirm it's great. A cool evolution in sound that's been in line with the full crews evolution.

Me too! I'll be the 6'4 bearded glasses guy. There will probably 5 of us.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  5. OpenIntro

llama llama

Attila dropped Chaos today too.

redwing91007 likes this.
  6. Davjs and Chase Tremaine like this.
  7. Today is Wolves at the Gate and nothing else.

Davjs likes this.
  8. MikeC18

Choir Vandals put out a new split EP with Alcoa.

HalfHearted likes this.
  9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Also really like the three new songs from The Fray on their best of album.

10. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Stoked to check that out. I really like the title track.

Such a great surprise. The full mixtape should be amazing!

I have been loving Badflower ever since seeing them with Billy Talent a few months ago. I loved the song 'Drop Dead' and have been burning a hole on that track on the teaser EP that they gave out for free at the show. I am really glad I can play it on Spotify now.

11. Hazelnutsack

Irregular

listen to this man

12. Davjs

Trusted

What do you guys think of it so far? First few listens make me think this is a grower. Not a lot of pure heavy tracks, but I'm happy to have some new martial from these guys.

ianebaldwin likes this.
  13. I love it! It might not dethrone VxV, which got me into the band, but I'm a huge fan of how melodic and dynamic it all is. I've always thought it was weird that they have a stand-alone screamer even when Stephen, the guitarist, carries so much of the songs. On this album, they share that weight a lot better, with so many overlapping vocal parts. It reminds me a lot of what The Receiving End of Sirens could have done if they were a heavier band. The two guys screaming around each other, or Stephen singing a harmony over Ben's screams, etc., all that stuff really seals the deal on this album for me. I just got my hands on a physical copy, though, so I'm very excited to finally dig into the lyrics.

14. Davjs

Trusted

I got into these guys with their cover album (unpopular opinion is that the Thrice, Thursday and Blindside covers are better than the originals :-O ) and knew their own stuff had to be good. I listened through Captors and XvX at the same time, which I liked Captors more at first and slowly realized that XvX was a more solid album with not a bad song on it. Once I was familiar enough to pick out whose voice was who, I too remember thinking "well Steve can sing and scream, why even have the other guy" but after seeing them live, their screamer has so much passion and energy. I love him. Does Ben scream on the album or just live?

15. Yeah, Ben's all over the album. They have very different screams, so they represent a wide range of sounds together. And yes, Ben makes a much better "frontman." I think his inclusion in the band is actually so that the band can have an outgoing frontman instead of Stephen. Stephen writes all the lyrics and basic song structures, so having a frontman helps put a barrier between him and the potential pride of being the face of the band. It shoves Stephen to the side of the stage, out of the spotlight. This is all just assumption, but I think it's a wise decision nonetheless.

16. Davjs

Trusted

Oh no, I thought Ben was the bass player (I was asking if he screamed on the album because I know he does backing screams live). Sorry for the confusion! I agree with everything you said.

17. Maybe I'm getting the names wrong?

Yep. Just checked. Ben is the bassist, my apologies. And no, Ben isn't screaming on the record, just Stephen and Nick.

Davjs likes this.
  18. I definitely love the direction they are going. Every album they push the envelope just a little bit more and do something they haven't done before.