Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Nov. 3rd, 2017 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 3, 2017.

1. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

"Thrice - Red Telephone" ... i know it's not new but it's new to me... and it's incredible

2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The new album is on a whole level very few bands will ever get to. It will set standards that so many other bands will attempt to replicate for years to come.

3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really impressed with this Grace VanderWaal album. Also going to give Kelsea Ballerini, Anti-Flag, Maroon 5, and Like Moths to Flames a listen. Enjoyed the Mindy White single as well.

Essie likes this.
  4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Checked out Mansions based on a lot of the posts in this thread. Deserter is pretty fantastic, this is why I love this site.

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

New Sam Smith is such a total snooze - like, be a bit more expressive than song after song of soft piano ballads

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  6. BleedingDodgerBlue

Sleep On It!

7. bloodinthesand

Regular

Converge(their best in awhile) and Sleep on it!!!

8. The Format

Regular

Sam Smith and Pears.

Not to mention the new Tay Tay song.

9. noKings

Regular

SHREDDDDDDDDDERS

Essie, chewbacca110 and sean_rugy like this.
  10. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

SHREDDDDDERS

For my money, it’s Lazerbeak and Paper Tiger at the top of their production game.

Essie likes this.
  11. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

YES! So glad people dig this record as much as i do, it's soooo good. Early favorites?

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

oh nice yaeji EP is out today too, sick

13. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Shredders and Converge

14. john343

You added Kid Rock to the list, but left out Bob Dylan...

15. chuwaay

Polaris, Sleep On It, and Like Moths to Flames

another great week of releases

16. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Honestly, the whole album rips. It depends on the mood - if you want something early-Rancid-esque, "Finish What We Started" and "When the Wall Falls" are both choice. My tastes frequently tend to lean into anthems, so "The Criminals," "Trouble Follows Me" and "Casualty" have been early favorites. Anything that features shoutalong choruses and bouncing pit rhythms is gonna be right in my sweet spot. But I'm blown away by how even the songs that don't immediately leap out at me are still fantastic on their own.

Even the singles already released haven't lost staying power for me, and I've been blaring "American Attraction" for months. What are your favorites?

Erwin89 likes this.
  17. kwilcox

Converge and Like Moths to Flames

18. Turkeylegz

Trusted

It's sooooo good. As someone who's least favorite Dylan is spiritual Dylan, this is such a great addition to the Bootleg series.

john343 likes this.
  19. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Yes! There isn't a song i don't like, but the stand outs so far are "Finish What We Started" "Liar" and "Casualty". Been blasting those prerelease tracks for weeks, and it's nice to finally have the entire record.

20. Some really good new singles on my radar:

"Birdcage" by gP.
    "I am the Storm" by A Sudden Burst of Colour
    "Fuzzy Disco" by Talkie
    "More" by Jeremy Riddle

21. I'm taking your advice and I'm not displeased.

22. LightsOut

Regular

Did you like american spring as much? Ive really like am.spring but im not sure how i feel about am.fall

23. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The new Kelsea Ballerini record is the album I wish Taylor Swift would make these days.

Trying to decide whether my morbid curiosity is enough to get me to listen to the new Maroon 5 album...

Essie, Contender and Turkeylegz like this.
  24. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Singer reminds me of Jason from early mayday parade

morken and Turkeylegz like this.
  25. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

I thought it had a few awesome tracks, but i hated the production. I like this WAY more.

LightsOut likes this.