Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Nov. 30th, 2018 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 30, 2018.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Light Years have a new album out today

Will check out William Ryan Key as well

2. Ryhaan Nov 30, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 30, 2018)
    Ryhaan

- Say Anything single - Send You Off
    - Arctic Monkeys b-side - Anyways
    - MØ & Foster The People single - Blur
    - Cold War Kids - Romance Languages #1 - EP
    - Manchester Orchestra & The Front Bottoms single - Allentown
    - Mona single - Better Now (Post Malone cover)

I haven't listened to anything else, because Matty & the boys have me hooked.

3. noKings

Regular

Still slightly confused by the 1975 hype but oh well.

New DOOMTREE crew... Sims/Credits/ICETEP track is out. Good one.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. chris.tina

I'm loving the new Light Years!
    Never been a huge fan of The 1975, but definitely checking out their new album.

5. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

It's crazy to see how much music Daniel Romano has released since going solo. "Prolific" almost doesn't do it justice.

jdr2187 likes this.
  6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

How's Alessia Cara?

7. davxdcampbell

Really wanted to like new Mae album but it’s a snooooozer. Pretty bummed about it.

8. somethingwitty

Trusted

Not sure how I feel about this 1975 album...I think I like it...but I also think the Bon Iver similarities are really distracting, almost like 22 A Million but for H&M shopping...its def a headphones/night time driving record for sure...

However, this new Grimes single slaysssss...

9. efp722

Regular

Really? It has a few minor misses but it’s overall pretty great imo.

CMilliken likes this.
  10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

What I downloaded the last 2 weeks:
    (RD - really digging), (NTB - not too bad), (HLY - haven't listened yet)

The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (RD)
    Don't Stop Or We'll Die - Dazzle Me (RD)
    Wheeler Walker - WWIII (NTB)
    Phoebe Bridgers - Christmas Song (RD)
    Chance the Rapper - The Man Who Has Everything, My Own Thing (NTB)
    Alessia Cara - The Pains of Growing (HLY)
    William Ryan Key - Virtue (HLY)
    Earl Sweatshirt - Some Rap Songs (HLY)
    Bon Iver - 22, A Million (RD)

11. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Went out on a limb and checked out Mae's new album (haven't liked any thing they've done in the last few years) and I've really really enjoyed it. Only a few songs in, and I think they could have scratched 'The Overview' from the album, but the rest has been good.

12. soundclash

Regular

Listened to the 1975 record last night when it came out and my boyfriend’s first comment was “did Justin Vernon produce this?”

I like it but don’t love it, and I’m a little surprised by the praise as well. There’s a lot of songs on it I won’t come back to. “I Like America” has been on repeat though.

13. rbf737

Regular

The last 1975 record instantly became one of my favorites of all time and the best record I had heard in years (ha though I admit Love Me and Ughh never did much for me). This one will take a bit more attention. They really stretch out a lot more; I heard Matty say after they wrote "Love it If We Made It" I think it was that the record could go anywhere/sound like anything they wanted.

That certainly is the case. I definitely really like this record and it features some of the best songs they've ever written (pretty much all the singles). I figure I'm just a few listens off from realizing I love it haha.

14. LiveFast_DieOld

Regular

I know I'm in the minority, but I just do not get the 1975 hype. I like the first album a decent amount, but I'm not understanding the critical spotlight this one is getting, like it's so blatantly obvious it's a masterpiece and I just don't see it. insert IfeelLikeImTakingCrazyPills.gif

15. Amanda A. Nov 30, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 30, 2018)
    Amanda A.

Los Angeles

Andy Shauf – Foxwarren
    Earl Sweatshirt – Some Rap Songs
    Alessia Cara – The Pains Of Growing
    new EPs by Daisyhead and Slowbloom
    Leftover Crack – The E-Sides and F-Sides

I could never get into the 1975. I just don't get "it" or the hype and after listening to this new album, I still don't. lol but to each their own and I'm happy they're still doing their thing!

16. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Disappointed in the Mae album. All over the place for me and never really goes anywhere, plus a bad closer. The 1975 is decent but i'm not too thrilled in the new stuff compared to their older material.

I am really digging the new William Ryan Key EP.

17. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

never listened to The 1975 before but this album is very repetitive lyrically and musically. not a fan. the vocals are also an acquired taste that i don't have. thumbs down.

18. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I don't see how it's repetitive at all?

bachna84 and KidLightning like this.
  19. It’s not.

bachna84, KidLightning and Joe4th like this.
  20. shredworth

poor sport

Foxwarren is really great, sounds like the natural progression for Andy's music. Good on them for singing to Anti/Arts and Crafts too

New Tycho single 'Jetty' is great too!

jdr2187 likes this.
  21. shredworth

poor sport

That Bon Iver record is incredible. Sounds like 1975 borrowed some ideas from it..

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. somethingwitty

Trusted

I don't get the OK Computer comparisons...the new 1975 is good but the Bon Iver similarities prevent me from saying its innovative. When OK Computer came out, no one had ever heard something like that before. This album doesn't have a No Surprises.

23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I had never listened to it until I saw it being brought up in The 1975 thread haha

24. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Crazy we got two of the years best albums on the same day (The 1975 and Earl!)

25. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

1975 album is good. I don't think it's as good as their last and i don't think they are God's gift to music. Still, i don't understand how someone can't see the beauty in their music.