Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Nov. 1st, 2019 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 1, 2019.

1. I'm enjoying Turnover thus far, pretty stoked for Michael Kiwakuna.

2. Never be ashamed to be that guy

slickdtc likes this.
  3. Zip It Chris likes this.
  4. Amanda A. Nov 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 1, 2019)
    Amanda A.

Los Angeles

The new Bummer EP, even though it seems to only be on Soundcloud & Bandcamp right now
    Counterparts
    Earl Sweatshirt
    Make War
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Omni
    Turnover
    Vetiver

5. CMilliken

Trusted

Turnover is good. Will probably grow on me the more I listen.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

New Turnover is great. I agree it will grow on me more.

7. Not gonna lie, your avatar makes me wanna forget about all these new releases and go back to Tiny Moving Parts (and Microwaves, too, probably -- when those came out, I listened to both on repeat, as if they were a pair, for some reason).

CMilliken likes this.
  8. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Peripheral Vision was my album of the year in 2015, but Good Nature didn't catch me, and upon first listen this isn't doing anything for me either. Which isn't to say it's bad, just that it skews too much towards pop for me to get excited.

9. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Turnover
    Counterparts

Listen to the Scott Ruth EP if you aren’t familiar. Here’s opening for Noah Gundersen at the moment

teebs41 likes this.
  10. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Counterparts
    Half Moon Run
    Turnover
    Stray From the Path

Very good release day

11. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

Glad I saw your avatar. Just put on Wide Eyed and this album is still incredible. Would love to see them live again.

slickdtc likes this.
  12. grimis16

Regular

When I listened to the new Turnover it just made me want to listen to their pre-Good Nature material. I really dislike the way their sound "evolved".

13. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Peripheral Vision any day of the week.

14. LightsOut

Regular

Great song

15. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

They put on a few shows a couple years ago around Illinois area I believe, never thought I’d see that happen and not expecting it to happen again. But yeah, Wide Eyed is an all time favorite for me. That album takes me places. Always felt like the cover fit the feeling of the album really well, and 15 year old me experiencing so much shit, it spoke to me and still does. I’ll always love The Junior Varsity.

16. reachingfor

Regular Supporter

That’s great! I remember when I moved to Chicago for college and I got free tickets at my dorm to see them at Metro. That was the only time I’ve seen them live and hope I can again one day. Wide Eyed is an all time favorite for me too. I like Cinematographic a lot too but Wide Eyed is just the best.

slickdtc likes this.
  17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

this album is lovely
    riyl Great Lake Swimmers

18. slickdtc Nov 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 2, 2019)
    slickdtc

Regular Supporter

I Built the Sky album shreds

Really amazing the variety of recommendations/releases in this thread every week. I usually have 2-4 releases off my Release Radar to post and then can usually find another 2-4 I really dig based off posts in here. Every Friday is like Christmas morning.

I’ll have to renew my supporters membership for Chorus for this weekly thread alone...

EDIT: and done. Glad to be back.

elemenohpe likes this.
  19. abcdefg123

Regular

This is exactly how I feel. I wanted to like this but I just can't get into it. It bums be out because i LOVED everything pre-Good Nature. They're from my state and were on track to being one of my favorite bands to ever come out of here but Good Nature changed that. I'm stoked to see that they're doing well and that so many people love this album but it's just not for me.

20. abcdefg123

Regular

Also, the lack of excitement i'm seeing for the new Gang Starr album is sad. It's so good! The world needed this.