Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Nov. 19th, 2021 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 18, 2021.

1. whyte39

Regular

So I completely missed this at the end of October...but SUSTO released a new album this year. So that & Adele & Ladyhawke for me today.

2. HalfHearted

Regular

Apollo Brown x Stalley - Blacklights if you are in the mood for some great hip hop.

3. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Weakened Friends & Taking Meds

4. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Manchester Orchestra dropped a 4 track remix EP. Digging all of the tracks quite a bit, although a bit less so on Keel Timing.

5. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Converge & Chelsea Wolfe
    Khemmis
    Ovlov
    Taking Meds
    Scowl
    Nobody's Flowers
    Dream Unending
    Same Side
    Crash the Calm

Singles: Alas, Cynic, In a daydream, Shape of Despair, Eades, Restraining Order & Warfare split, The Chain

6. okaybrian

Weakened Friends put out one of the best albums of the year today!

7. jakeciccotelli

Newbie Supporter

My band Overgrow released our new song “Three Years” today! It would mean the world if you listened.

8. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Dan Campbell

9. Mattww

Regular

They’ve just announced an album as well!

10. Mattww

Regular

This is so good love this and time moves slow - is there a new album/ep in the works?

11. jakeciccotelli

Newbie Supporter

Yes! We wrapped up tracking a month ago, the LP is being mixed currently.

Mattww and Chase Tremaine like this.
  12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

New Laureline album is fire; it's a great blend of LANY and The 1975

13. HOLY SHIT. Miss this band. Was listening the other month. Had no idea they were still active!

Mattww likes this.
  14. Jackbo487

Regular

Ultra Q, ft. Billie Joe Armstrong's son Jakob (NOT the SWMRS one) dropped an interesting new EP ...

15. I really liked this!

jakeciccotelli likes this.
  16. helloiamzach

Regular

Added this to my weekly playlist. Hope it helps. :)

jakeciccotelli likes this.
  17. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

And thank you for making an enjoyable album.

I took my first listen today, and I really liked what I heard. I don't know how you'd feel about these comparisons, but to your RIYL list I'd also say some of this doesn't sound far removed from Anberlin or Switchfoot.

That said, I do appreciate that you don't seem to keep yourself tied to one sound and that makes the album more interesting all the way through. I wasn't expecting the harsher vocals midway through the album, and some songs feel bouncier than others, and I like that randomness. It makes it more exciting.

I also appreciate that your vocals are clear and audible all the way through, cause I've heard too many albums lately where that's not the case, and it makes enjoying an album difficult if you can't understand what's being sung. So thank you for that.

I especially liked the lyrics on "I Don't"; that whole first verse is great but I especially like the "I don't drink but I make wasted choices" line.

Anyway, I'll have to listen to your first album now, and I look forward to hearing what you do next.

Chase Tremaine and anonimito like this.
  18. Thank you so much for sharing all of this! I'm so honored to read all of this -- it especially encourages me when someone addresses/compliments something that I was really passionate about (like performing the lyrics with clarity and making sure they don't get lost in the mix, buried in effects/reverb, etc.).

Ya know, about the RIYLs, it's funny -- I've been getting Switchfoot and Jon Foreman comparisons for YEARS, even before I started releasing solo music officially. I just can't escape it. And ironically, I ran away from the comparison because I really wasn't a fan. But I just recently came around to them and consider myself a fan now. A few albums really hit the sweet spot for me (Oh Gravity and Fading West being my favorites), and their newest three or so are quite enjoyable too.

I hope you enjoy traveling backwards and checking out Unfall! The production is definitely a step down, but it's different enough that it might be a personal preference for some, and I still love those songs as much as I do the new ones. Thanks again!!

BoldType and Penlab like this.