Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Nov. 18th, 2022 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 17, 2022.

1. satellitexyears

Death Touches Us, From the Moment we Begin to Love Supporter

Glad you dig em, they're earlier stuff is more punk, but you can hear the progression through their subsequent albums to where they are now.

Such an underrated band! Hope they tour up here one day.

Zip It Chris likes this.
  2. Matthew Pearson

Newbie Supporter

Pretty sweet R&B inflected pop by John Keek:

theasteriskera likes this.
  3. thesidekicksuicide

don't sleep on Gladie today!

4. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Tokio Hotel (remember them?!?) also released a new album today called 2001.

CMilliken likes this.
  5. swboyd Nov 18, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 18, 2022)
    swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Squint
    The Insomniac Collective
    Candlemass
    Amon Acid
    Gladie
    Compassion

6. Artdmg

Onward, progress, or so it seems Supporter

There is a new Nickel Creek Live album worth checking out.

7. whyte39

Regular

the two new codefendants singles (fat mike's new project)

8. gcdrum10

Look at this app..

allastud and slickdtc like this.
  9. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

How is it? I actually legit like some stuff on their 00's stuff along with Dark Horse but everything since then has been kinda painful even for Nickelback standards.

10. MattNCheeze

Trusted

slickdtc and gcdrum10 like this.
  11. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

I checked out that new lonely avenue song last night. It’s ok , I miss their original vocalist. He had a more recognizable voice

12. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Had no clue Neil young had a new LP out today so pretty excited to hear that especially since its with Crazy Horse

Other than that I just got Soft Blue Shimmer and Squint this week. Looks like its catch up season.

13. WadeCastle Nov 18, 2022
    (Last edited: Nov 18, 2022)
    WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

Asheville, NC is home to an incredibly diverse music scene. It spans the farthest edges of genre and back again effortlessly. Sounds rising up from ancient Appalachian roots coexist seamlessly with some of the most forward thinking pop creators in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Asheville and Denver collaborators Fantasy League have been dripping new singles from a full-length album tap for most of 2022. Nov.18th marks the birthday of their upcoming debut. Comprised of local producer Matt Langston of Eleventyseven and fellow bandmate Scott Kerr, the group is slowly carving out a brand of warm pop nostalgia that seems to span decades of musical influence and eras. Full of soaring choruses that sit atop synth heavy productions, Fantasy League seems to be hosting a seance of 80's new wave acts, only to introduce them to some of the most cutting edge pop bops climbing the most recent Spotify charts.

The album was produced at Asheville's own Rock Candy Recordings, and represents what kind of work the WNC mountains can provide an excellent incubator for. The band is planning a series of behind-the-scenes clips and supercuts showing the evolution of the songs from demos to polished productions. The group is also set to appear on punk rock legend Mike Herrera's (of MXPX) podcast later this month.

The band’s debut full-length is out now via Rock Candy Recordings on all streaming platforms.

Fantasy League - Fantasy League (ffm.to)

[​IMG]

14. allastud

Regular

its a middle of the road nickelback record

15. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

theasteriskera likes this.
  16. Zip It Chris

This is legit fucking awesome!!! Also, side note…I’m wearing a dad hat

17. Zip It Chris

Ban him. Do it now.

18. CMilliken

Trusted

GATHERERS!!

19. Dermot Kennedy - Sonder

morken likes this.
  20. Amanda A.

Los Angeles Supporter

Adrian Quesada- Jaguar Sound (instrumental) [ had the wrong release date for this last week]
    Deer Fellow - Unravel EP
    Goose - Undecided EP
    HUNNY - Homesick EP (Deluxe version)
    Jimi Hendrix Experience - Los Angeles Forum: April 26, 1969
    Soft Blue Shimmer - Love Lives in the Body
    Squint - Wash Away EP

Singles: shame, FIDLAR, Andy Shauf, Death Valley Girls, Fake Names, Grade 2, Fruit Bats, The Sound of Animals Fighting, Ron Gallo, Fucked Up, Tennis, Jenny Hval, Tancred, The Fruit Bats, Ab-Soul, HUNNY, Peach Tree Rascals, GOON, Weird Nightmare, Skullcrusher

reachingfor likes this.
  21. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

On my radar this week.

Borders: Bloom Season
    Cold Kingdom: Life//Love
    Disturbed: Divisive
    The Interbeing: Icon Of The Hopeless
    Nickelback: Get Rollin'
    Saint Asonia: Extrovert (EP)
    Smashing Pumpkins: Atum: Act 1
    Stain The Canvas: All Fine/ENIF LLA
    Tallah: The Generation Of Danger
    Weyes Blood: And In The Darkness, Hearts Aglow
    The Wombats: Is This What It Feels Like To Feel Like This? (EP)

Count me in among those that continues to listen to new Nickelback albums, hoping to catch a glimpse of the more earnest and less insufferable rock band they were during the Curb-State-SSU days.

Anyway, I also want to give a shout-out about this band:

https://www.theprp.com/2022/11/18/news/alt-sign-with-sharptone-records-debut-wraith-video/

Really excited that they got signed, if for no other reason that I now get to say I listened to a band before they got signed, which I've never experienced before. Listened to their debut in 2020. It just feels good. Seems like they've gotten more aggressive since then.