Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – Nov. 10th, 2017 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. Thanks!

I think our biggest influences are bands like Moving Mountains and The Smashing Pumpkins... I'm awful at comparing my own bands to other bands though, haha. @elemenohpe help me out? What does my band sound like? haha

DejaMoi likes this.
  3. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

I'm about 6 songs in. Musically there's a lot of the post-hardcore stuff a la cove era Saosin and post rock reverb drenched guitar lines (like old Pelican?). Vocals are mostly clean with a few aggressive parts. Never crosses the line into HEAVY.

Digging it so far. Wish I could actually compare it to other bands but I'm at work listening, kind of casually.

DejaMoi and bradsonemanband like this.
  4. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  5. Here you go @DejaMoi :-)

We are definitely fans of the early 2000 post hardcore scene, like Saosin, Matchbook Romance, and shit like that so that influence seeps through, for sure.

DejaMoi likes this.
  6. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Don't know much about this band, but Jen from the Bombpops is featured in their single they released today which is what caught my eye. Obviously the video pays a bit of homage to Blink's

7. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

i unfortunately do not :(
    i love it too! i still watch it most nights on amazon

8. bloodinthesand

Regular

Toothgrinder is so damn good and obviously if you haven’t listened to the new Quicksand you’re an idiot

bradsonemanband and elemenohpe like this.
  9. Quicksand forever

10. Orville

After finally making it through it, it has some really good tracks, too much dated sounding auto tune, but skip the first two songs (theyre pretty annoying, like weakest album start ever) and the last neighbourhood ep is solid imo even though it gained zero traction