Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – May 8th, 2020

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 8, 2020.

1. Melody Bot May 8, 2020
    (Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2020)
    Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Sorry for scheduling this wrong last night. Meant for it to come out at midnight like always and scheduled it for noon.

:sly:

3. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

The Petals for Armor record is an incredible achievement for Hayley Williams! I'll also be checking out the new EP from JR JR called August and Everything Prior.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  4. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I like that title from JR JR. Makes me almost want to listen to the Counting Crows -ALMOST

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  5. Amanda A. May 8, 2020
    (Last edited: May 8, 2020)
    Amanda A.

Los Angeles Supporter

Albums:

Blake Mills
    Fake Names
    Gleemer
    Hayley Williams
    Kehlani
    Middle Distance
    White Denim

Singles:

Loving the new Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber song & the new single by Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

Got super excited about the new Norah Jones but I dont think it comes out until June. Happy Friday!

6. michael_gatto

Trusted

PETALS FOR ARMOR DAY.

Gleemer too. Might give Hailee, Butch and Lamb of God a spin too... but Hayley all day.

7. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Albums:
    Feeny
    Cabana Wear EP

Singles:
    Capstan
    Hundredth
    Glass Tides
    Elbow Room
    SHANK
    Same Side
    Melody Fall
    Defences
    The March Ahead
    Old Pine/Dependence

kwilcox likes this.
  8. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Hayley Williams
    New Lightworker single.

9. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

White Denim
    Gleemer
    Hayley Williams
    Choir Boy
    Middle Distance

Bummed to see a few others I was looking forward to have been delayed a bit

Bobby likes this.
  10. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I’m old, so I’m never up at midnight. But last night was the one night I was actually up at midnight looking for it :crylaugh:

slickdtc, grimis16 and Jason Tate like this.
  11. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Lamb of God is not out today

12. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Wow major Lorde and Lights vibes from new Hayley Williams. Produced BEATIFULLY

13. In addition to stuff above, Eve Owen put out her debut record today, produced by Aaron Dessner of The National. If you heard the last National record, you’ve heard her voice — she’s on “Where Is Her Head”.

The new Bishop Nehru tape is out today too. Dunno why I keep trying with him, he’s let me down with everything after his first one but, still holding out hope he does something cool. Will be putting it on in a bit

Mary V likes this.
  14. Oh, and a new Wet single! Fingers crossed an album announcement is around the corner

15. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I really dug that Lightworker song. Never heard of them before. Good looking out!

theredline likes this.
  16. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, they’re amazing! This is the second song they’ve released from the new album.

The first song they released two weeks ago, Empyre, has everything I love in a heavy song. Give that a listen too!!! There’s also a great EP on Spotify. Check that out

17. abcdefg123

Regular

The new Deau Eyes album is also out today. Some of you may have seen her on tour with Lucy Dacus.

18. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Psychedelic Furs is out 7/31 i believe

surprised to see Lamb of God included on here... :eyeglass:

19. AMC

Regular

Holy shit .. new Butch walker is amazing.

20. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Found a cool band I wanted to share called Middleneck. From the former lead of Giants At Large, described as “chill, lofi instrumental”. Definitely a relaxing feeling listening to it this weekend. Not exactly as immersive instrumentally as someone like Tycho, but that’s the first band/sound RIYL that came to mind when giving this some time.