Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Albums in Stores – May 5th, 2017 • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 5, 2017.

1. copey

Regular

Damn this Logic album. fantastic so far

2. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

state champs deluxe edition came out today too

3. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Thank you so much for mentioning Swordfish. I hadn't heard of them but the name caught my eye. I've listened to the album 2x already (which granted it's only a 23m playtime each) and I loooove it. I'm Okay is so good and so close to home. Thank you thank you!

Also really enjoying Peaness, so thanks to Jason for posting the news article about them. Love it!

Cayetana's new one is a jam for sure.

The only thing I'm rather confused about is the hype about A Lot Like Birds. Few people mentioning them in here, plus their name, I thought I'd give them a shot. Sounds like some really, really bad music that would have been popular back like '06 like a Saosin / Cinematic Sunrise vibe. Not feeling it at all. It left a really bad taste in my mouth haha. But hey, just my opinion, so what do I know!

Mattww likes this.
  4. Is anyone digging this song? I'm honestly really glad it didn't make the album.

5. I'm only interested in A Lot Like Birds because I've seen it get comparisons to TREOS' The Earth Sings Mi Fa Mi. (So you nailed it by calling out 2006, haha.) But there were plenty of people who didn't like Mi Fa Mi, either. I'm definitely in the minority for loving that album.

6. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

For me
    I'm digging it a fair bit actually. It's funny because I finally gave my RSD copy a spin last night and it gets added digitally the day after. I get why some people may not like it but personally being such a fan of Dustin's last solo record it's similar to that album but with a more fleshed out full band sound so I quite like it.

7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Day Wave was good. Now onto either ALLB or Emperor X

cwhit likes this.
  8. xenoabe

Regular

They've quickly become one of my favorite bands. Both releases have been stellar.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  9. Yeah, that's almost exactly why I don't like it. It sounds like a holdover from Carry the Fire. And I probably prefer Carry the Fire to TBEITBN, so I guess it's just weird for me to hear a solo-Kensrue-sounding track with some typical, trademark-Thrice sounds put on it.

10. Mattww

Regular

No worries at all. I can't take all the credit they were mentioned on the stage banter podcast and their comparisons seemed to good to pass up. Really awesome (but short) album

11. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

It's alright. Way better as a b-side

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Vinyl Theater sounds like they're trying to be Twenty One Pilots so, so hard.